Chapter 1

Idigan at the top and this is my first book so please keep rude comments to yourself I just wanted to tryy :pp

Indigans P.O.V

Well I was doing work, actually just listening to my assistant Adamaris Loughty, lecture me, once again l, about not sneaking out to see the surface, where land dwellers are because they're 'very dangerous' to us merfolk, well actually just others that aren't of the royal family.

I, like my father, mother, and little brother am able to manipulate the sea water and communicate with its many creatures. Oh and I can grant my mate the power to see underwater clearly and give them the power to breathe too, anyways-

"INDIGAN are you listening to me, you're next in line to the thrown and you can't be going to the surface with those t-t-things, we cant have the heir getting killed or kidnapped-!!"

"Adamaris I know that, which is why I make big waves to hide me and it's not like I haven't done this before. I know exactly what I'm doing, plus in order for me to be a good ruler I need to keep an eye out for those stupid fisherman,"

Though I wanted to say more I couldnt not yet at least. Sigh..

"Okay fine, but next time please tell me where you're going so I don't have to worry about your safety as a best friend and your advisor/assistant. Also the king wanted me to tell you that we're holding another gathering festival with all the kingdoms again"-Adamaris

I groaned, "Again, seriously it's only been what 107 years, don't we usually have one every 210 years."

"Yes, but since you'll be becoming Sire in 100 years your father wants you to find your mate quickly so you dont get depressed" -Adamaris.

Well he isnt wrong I do want to find him, and yes I said him I'm gay bitch if you have a problem then say it, well anyways hes my other half, my one and only, my first and last, the guy I want to spend the rest of my life with. He's going to get the best gifts the sea has to offer and I'll definitely make sure of it too.
"Okay well when's the damn ball."

"Umm..its tomorrow"-Adamaris

"WHAT THE FUCKKK!!! You've got to be kidding me I'm not even prepared for this!!" I said getting up knocking the stool like thing carved from the rock, the floor is made out of.

"I have to get jewelry for the festival before the cold sets in, including all this paperwork I gotta get done, along with practicing my magic and fighting I gotta do today" I started panicking because it's true like why now like with no notice at all, omg I'm so stressed..

"Dude calm the heck down I'm going to do your work while you go and practice stuff, and your father took care of the jewelry for tomorrow also your lessons are shorter they should be no longer than 3 hours each so by sunset you should be done, so go get your trident and your spell books or whatever you may need, Kilian should be there waiting" -Adamaris"

"Okay I'll go but I better not catch you sleeping on my coral bed got it" I shot him a small playful glare cuz he always falls asleep on my bed and I have to punch him off everytime..

"Alright I wont, I promise prince *eye roll*, but you never know.." he said swimming to my seat.

Okay you're probably wondering what I'm talking about with me being under the sea, the trident and all that shit so I'll tell you.

My name is Indigan I'm 370 years old which is young to us merfolk, anywaayss, I have dark purple and blue wavy hair, that covers my eyes.. I have dark blue eyes with a bit of dark purple, my tail is the same as my eyes and yes a tail, I'm a merman next in line to be heir with my mate wherever he is (eye roll), if I dont get rejected that is..

A mate is your other half, the person you spend the rest of your life with, it's said that when you meet your mate they look like a god, when they touch you there are sparks or hot tingles but they dont hurt.. okay okay you get the point I dont have to go on.

Now I should tell you about us merfolk, we were alive since the human race started, there are more than 80,000 merfolk underwater and 2000 on earth with their mates and before you ask yes we can transform into land dwellers or humans, if you're being specific, we just have to be dry. We can also bear children we just have to be in our other form to have the child and both genders can breed.. well as long as they are born a breeder.  They'll know at the age of 5 because they will have to take a test to see if they can breed. And the test is more like looking at how shiny the tail is and how feminine or masculine the child looks.

Another way to tell if you are a breeder is you will start to be curvy and have less muscle build up, but the muscle won't be as defined. For example I have muscle but they're only defined by a little, no matter how hard I work out.

Fun fact Your tail is the same as your eyes my tail is a dark blue with purple speckles. Which is a rarity and only royals get those colors.

So like I dont know when imma update next but I'll try to update soonater bitches..♡