Chapter 5 - Don't Escape Like I do

I ran right towards the huge, oak staircases decorated in silver bows and rainbow colored mushrooms along the railing. The scent of cinnamon was coming off them as well.

I didn't even need to look behind me to know that Berry demanded Egg Beater to fetch me in a brutal, violent way so I could pay for my "disobedience."

You rotten berry, I thought to myself bitterly as I fled up the stairs, in a panic, skipping about two steps.

Adrenaline was high and it helped get me to the top in what felt like less than a minute.

I could hear Egg Beater's heavy footsteps coming up right behind me.

Damn, I'm legit dead if Egg Beater gets me. He'll fry me!

Life is so not fair.

There is no way in hell that I would be a willing slave to someone named after fruit. The horror!

Ew, I refuse.

I had only one main concern right now and that was survival. Also, I need to pay my douchebag of a moronic, idiotic, crappy father a visit.

Making a break for the furthest room, I sprinted like an Olympian. On my voyage through the lengthy hall, I noticed black and white photos of a group of three men, all dressed in fancy suits, two of them had a tophat while the middle one had a hairstyle that Wolverine would be jealous of.

I wondered who could these three gentlemen be---

"I'M GONNA TURN YOU INTO AN OMLETTE, YOU PUNKY BEANSTALK!" Egg Beater roared, his face red from having to run so much.

"That's so not punny!" I shouted back, not exhausted at all.

Egg Beater may be stronger but rest assured, I'm faster. Also, I'm wiser.

I tore into the room, and slammed the door shut in a haze.

Frantically, I grabbed the nearest wooden chair I could find and slammed it against the door.

Yikes, it won't hold for long.

Eyeing the large, pink dresser with claw marks and weird symbols on it, an idea formed in my gorgeous mind.

I walked up to it and using all the might I could muster, managed to push it towards the door.

CREEEEEK!

The dresser made a ghostly sound as I moved it. It made me tremble for a few seconds, but I quickly regained my composure and got it where I wanted it.

Just in time, too.

Egg Beater managed to slam into the door so freaking hard, the chair flew halfway across the room.

He slammed into the door again while I stood there, paralyzed in shock and fear.

It was like an earthquake ripped through the room.

Egg Beater made another attempt, only this time, I heard a

CRACK!

He yelped.

"Dammit, I broke my muscly arm, you ugly rat, I swear I'll make you pay!"

I rolled my eyes, knowing full well the dresser would keep me safe for some time.

I turned my attention to the room.

It was the chamber of a little girl.

In the middle, stood a large, golden table, surrounded by tiny, wooden chairs and a white tea pot set in the middle.