Rhian's Sleepless Night

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Ano ba yun? C'mon you can tell me." I said to her as I smiled softly at her.

"L-look. I-I know that you're married. B-but I love you Rhian, I have loved you since the first time I read your Diary. Since I knew you and Denise Limjoco are the same person. I love you Rhian Denise R. Howell." She said breathlessly. 

"Whoa! Whoa! Hold your horses Glaiza. You're drunk. We'll talk about this tomorrow." I told her. 

Maya-maya lang Rachel walked in with a Glass of Hot Milk and a bowl of hot noodle soup.

"Eto na po Ate." Rachel said. 

"Thank you, paki-lagay na lang sa side table." I called out Rachel.

Glai was still sobbing as she sat beside me. I waited for her to calm down. Nang tumigil na ito sa pag-iyak, hinarap ko na ito, hawak ko ang bowl ng instant noodles. Susubuan ko sana ito when she stopped me and said.

"Ako na." She said to me.

"Okay. Be careful, mainit yan." I said to her.

She smiled back at me and nodded. Hinigop na nya ang mainit na sabaw, I rose from where I was sitting and got into the bathroom. Hinubad ko na ang Hoodie na suot ko, I placed the hoodie over my shoulder and got a paracetamol in the medicine cabinet sa bathroom, got a spare toothbrush and towel ready for her by the sink and then I got out of the bathroom. Ipinatong ko ang hoodie ko sa couch sa kwarto. Tapos ay binuksan ko na ang airconditioning unit, dahil konti na lang ay papawisan na ako. Once I got back to the bed, Glai was silently eating her noodle soup. Naupo muli ako sa tabi nya, I watched as she silently finished her noodles. Once done, she gave me back the bowl. I handed her a glass of hot milk and a paracetamol, so she won't wake up with a banging head later. It was already 12:55 a.m. hindi ko na hahayaang magdrive si Glaiza pauwe dito na siya matutulog. She drank the medicine and the milk, pagtapos ay iniabot nya ang baso sakin.

"You should go and take a quick shower para mapreskohan ka sa pagtulog." I told her as I handed her a glass of water.

She drank a little water and gave me back the glass.

"Okay." She said as she stood up from the bed and went to the bathroom.

Siya namang pagkakataon ko para ibaba ang pinagkainan ni Glaiza sa kitchen. If I was being honest there was tension between us earlier, her admitting that she loves me may have spurred because she was so drunk and almost out of it. Maybe it was the Alcohol speaking. Kung ano man ang nangyari kay Glaiza, I should never take advantage kaya mas pinili kong wag muna i-address ang sitwasyon, dahil baka alak lang ang nagsasalita kanina. Baka hindi nya kayanin ang galit ni David o baka wala siya sa tamang pag-iisip kasi nga naka-inom.

Once I was done depositing the bowl and the Glass to the dirty kitchen, where Rachel was washing the pot she used to cook, bumalik na ako sa kwarto ko, I found Glai about to get out of the bathroom. Naabutan kong nagtotooth brush na ito. I watched as she carefully brushes her teeth. Each minute that passes by I become more and more enamored of her beauty, she was not facing me, but still she exudes beauty with the mere posture of her body. My mind berated me once again Rhian, ano bang pinagiisip mo dyan, umayos ka nga, may asawa ka tandaan mo. I sighed to myself at iniaayos ko na ang pwesto ko sa kama, I laid there while I wait for Glaiza to finish getting ready for bed. I stared at the ceiling lost in my own thoughts that I didn't notice she was out of the bathroom and is now beside me, she laid still and silently allowing me to get lost in my own thoughts.

Not so long as it became awkward for us both, I eventually looked at her as she laid to my right side. I spoke to break the silence that engulfed us both.