Glaiza's surprise

Glaiza's POV:

Rhian invited me for lunch at her house, kung kaya eto ako, nagdadrive at 10 a.m. on a Saturday morning. I don't know what to expect from Rhian, dahil nga sa sitwasyon nya, the last time I have seen her was a couple of weeks ago from her cafe's opening. Wala akong balita from her matapos nito. I have learned from Bianca not to question Rhian's decisions at wag maki-alam sa mga problema nya. To be quite honest, I was thinking twice of going, but she said it's important that I got there. For no known reasons, I obliged her.

10:00 a.m. na nang maka-alis ako sa bahay. Nakapag-breakfast na ako. I also had my first cup of coffee before I left home. Dahil nga inimbitahan ako ni Rhian to have lunch with her, naisip kong magdala ng something para sa kanya. Now, I know she liked my Lechon Kawali, kaya naman nagluto ako ng tatlong slab ng pork belly, yung tatlo pang slab na hilaw pa, inilagay ko sa cooler at dinala ko na din para kay Rhian. May apat pang natira sa bahay.

Mag-eleven forty five na ng maka-rating ako sa bahay ni Rhian. As usual the gate is open, open din ang cafe, some people are there dining or ordering something for lunch. Hindi ko nakita si Rhian, kaya naman pumasok na ako sa bakuran nila. I have seen Andrew, ang driver ni Rhian. He smiled and approached me.

"Sumunod na ho kayo sa akin Ma'am Glaiza, nasa loob na ho si Ma'am Rhian. Akin na ho itong bitbit ninyo." Andrew said.

"Wag na, ako na magbibitbit nito, magaang lang naman. Etong nasa cooler na lang ang bitbitin mo." I said to him.

He got the cooler on my other hand and led me to the dining room, Rhian was there getting the table ready. Napalingon si Rhian sa amin, she smiled sweetly at me and stopped what she was doing.

"Ano tong dala mo?" She asked me.

"I, uhm. Natandaan ko kasi sabi mo noon, paborito mo ang Lechon Kawali, eto ipinagluto kita, may tatlong slab pa sa cooler para sayo, sakaling mag-crave ka at wala ako." I said to her.

"Uy! Salamat Glaiza." She said as she kissed me on my cheek.

"Welcome, Rhi." I said to her.

"Mom and Dad are home, they wanted to meet you." She said as she took the bowl I was holding.

"Ha? B-bakit? Why would your parents want to meet me?" I asked her kinabahan ako sa rebelaasyon nyang ito.

My brain racked everything I have done in the past to cause her be mad at isinumbong nya ako sa parents nya. Oh my God! I can't remember any time that I actually caused her disappointment save for that one time, the confrontation David and I had. 

"Glai, they just wanted to meet everyone I date." She said reassuringly. 

"Ha? Date?" I asked her confused. 

"Yes dating, as in going out with you on your spontaneous trips, you know? What we are doing?" She said smiling. 

"Huy! Teka. Akala ko ba hindi ka pa pwede makipag-date?" I asked her still confused. 

"I'm free now. Actually since yesterday, annulled na ang kasal ko." She said smiling. 

"For real?" I asked her. 

She could only nod excitedly at me, before we could hug, her parents arrived in the dining room. Prompting her to take my hand and pull me to a seat at sinalubong ang mga magulang nya.

"Mom, Dad. This is Architect Glaiza C. Galura, the lady who designed Grandma Felicity's Garden." She said introducing me to her parents. 

"It was nice to finally meet you, we've heard a lot of things about you." Her Dad said as he held his hand out for a shake. 

I took his hand to shake it.

"Thank you po Sir, I also heard good things about you." I said smiling back at him.

Which was true, Rhian talked about his father extensively on her diary. She narrated on her diary how determined and loving her father was, how he would never scold her despite knowing she was to blame for some of the mischievous things she did involving her Yaya Rosa, like when she didn't want to eat on time or other things she wanted to do like staying up late into the night and missing to wake up early or when she thought of playing games with her Yaya Rosa. She was mischievous when she was a little younger. Her father was very patient man for not even scolding at her. Kasi kung ako siguro ang nagkaroon ng anak na kasing tigas ng ulo ni Rhian, I would have beaten her to teach her a lesson. I know it's not necessarily legal to do this nowadays, but this as necessary to instill good manners and right conduct in a child. Nanay and Tatay rarely got mad at me for anything, but when I disobeyed them, I was severely punished with a brutal beating with a stick or sometimes with Tatay's belt. Pero hindi naman malakas ang pagkakapalo sa akin nila Nanay at Tatay, it was just enough for me to learn my lessons as a younger child, I was never mischievous like Rhian was. 

"Well, Mom and Dad. We should go and eat now. Pinagdalan ako ni Glaiza ng Lechon Kawali." She told her parents. 

They sat on the table, katabi ko si Rhian while her mom sat at the right side of her father and Rhian sat at the left side of her father. Pinag-sandok ako ni Rhian ng isang tumpok ng kanin, habang pinag-sandok ko siya ng ilang pirasong Lechon Kawali. She then spoons over Caldereta to my plate dinamihan nya ang sandok sa patatas at sauce ng Caldereta we've eaten Caldereta before, napansin nyang mahilig ako sa sauce at sa patatas ng Calderetang Baka na niluto niya. She remembers little details about me as much as I remember details about her. To be honest, I never had somebody remember the things I liked not even the coffee I drank but Rhian remembered perfectly down to how I liked my coffee. She paid attention to the details about me as much as I did with her. We continued to eat lunch and talking about various things about me and my education as well as how I ended up having my own landscaping company. Rhian and her parents were cool and I would be lying if I said I had an awkward time during lunch. I actually enjoyed talking to them and getting to know about Rhian as a younger child, her mischief and other funny stories about her that only parents knew about. It was her turn to get embarrassed dahil sa mga kwento ng parents nya just like I was embarrassed by Nanay and Tatay's story about me when I was younger. 

A/N: 

This chapter is dedicated to Vi_AndreA, who was making comments on the story I have previously published here in an attempt to piss me off. Kahit na ganun, eto nag-update pa din ako. Hahahahahaaha! Hindi ka nakaka-inis mang-asar girl. Hahahahaha! Try harder. Hahahahahaha!

To the rest of the readers, Salamat for all your votes! I appreciate all your votes! It keeps me writing these stories when I should be giving up on them. My mind is blown away by your comments and responses on the stories I wrote since last year. It has helped me improve my writing better. So, salamat po sa inyo. 

Spread light and love! 

- Sky