Paths Crossing

Rhian's POV:

It has been a month since I arrived in the Philippines and headed to Baguio, I have since then settled in Batangas. Sa old mansion ng Lolo Alfred at Lola Felicity ko. I was planning to have the garden landscaped, I was reading on reviews sa internet for the best landscape architects who would be willing do a long distance project, karamihan kasi ng landscape architects ay may opisina sa Maynila. I browsed through their Portfolio websites, I chanced upon this Landscape Architect from B and G Landscapes. Ang gaganda ng mga designs nila and the recommendations are not just from ordinary people, in fact a few celebrities have commented and gave their honest review about the firm. Meron ding ilang sikat na Hotels and Resorts ang nagbigay ng kanilang review. The company has impressive credentials kahit na baguhan pa lang sila sa business. The website had an about the architect section, I clicked into the link and there a short autobiography of the owner of the company was written. Dati pala itong nagtatrabaho sa Allegre Group of Companies as their Lead Landscape Architect, she branched out ultimately. Allegre Industries ay isa sa mga leading companies sa Pilipinas.

That fact made me decide to call her, it's only 7:30 a.m. baka maisingit ako nito sa schedule nya. Wala namang masamang subukan. Malay natin, maka-singit ako. The phone rang twice before she picked up.

"B and G Landscapes, good morning po, This is Architect Glaiza Galura speaking." An angelic voice greeted me on the other line.

"Yes, this is Denise Limjoco, I wanted to see if pwede kitang i-meet today for a landscaping project." I greeted her.

"Hello po Ma'am Limjoco, yes po. Pwedeng-pwede po. Saan po ba kayo?" She replied.

"Sa Taal, Batangas ako nakatira, dito din yung landscaping project." I replied.

"Ay sige po ma'am. Tamang-tama po wala akong scheduled client meeting today." Her voice was pleasant and it sounded like she really wanted to be here.

"Architect Glaiza, salamat for agreeing to come here on short notice. I'll see you at Rowena's Bakeshop? It's right on the road leading to Taal." I replied to her.

"Okay po ma'am will be there at around 10 a.m. sa Alabang ho kasi ako mang-gagaling, baka ho matraffic ako. I'll update you na lang po, is this your cellphone number Miss Limjoco?" I heard her ask me.

"Yes, it's my cellphone number. Thank you Architect Glaiza." I said to her.

"Sige ho, paalis na ho ako ng bahay eh tamang-tama talaga kasi papunta ako ng Taal." She said to me.

"Okay sige, see you at 10 a.m. sa Rowena's." I said to her.

"Sige ho." She said

"Goodbye." I replied to her.

"Sige ho, babye ho." She said and put the phone down.

I continued to eat my breakfast and sip on my mug of black coffee, Yaya Rosa visits me here often, madalas itong magluto o gawan ako ng kanyang pamosong Tsokolate De Batirol, minsan tumutulong din ito sa bahay, isa sa mga anak ni Yaya Rosa ang kinuha ko bilang taga-pamahala sa bahay. Si Rachel ang panganay ni Manang Rosa, halos matanda ito sa akin ng tatlong taon. Magkasundo naman kami ni Rachel at ang driver ko ay ang asawa ni Rachel na si Andrew. Hindi ko pa nakikita si Bianca, dahil na din sa pagkabusy ko sa pag-aayos ng bahay ko at sa pag-aayos ng business na gusto kong itayo. I am currently doing a market research here in Batangas.

9:40 a.m. rolled around quickly, Andrew dropped me off at sinabihan ko na lang na tatawagan ko ito pag magpapasundo na ako. I arrived at Rowena's exactly 9:55 a.m. I took a seat by the window and ordered my second cup of coffee for the day. I looked out the window, the cafe was located in the highway, nadadaanan ito ng mga motorista a Nissan Navara pulled up the restaurant. The landscape architect looked like more of a Victoria's Secret Angel, rather than a landscape architect, her biography included a full body photo of her wearing her Architect Gear and smiling brightly at the camera. The Navara was heavily tinted kaya hindi ko makita kung sino ang naka-sakay. Maya-maya pa the door opened and the driver alighted the car, she calls on her cellphone as she made her way into the restaurant. Naka-shades ito at naka puting button down polo at black skinny jeans na naka-tuck in, kulay black din ang belt nya, her shoes were black leather shoes.