Confrontation of Feelings

Glaiza's POV:

Rhian looked at me intently as she spoke to me again.

"Mmhmmm, you said so last night." She said habang sumusubo ito ng tapa.

"Fuck!" I exclaimed.

"Oh God, it was the alcohol isn't it? You were too drunk last night. I knew it!" She exclaimed.

"Naginom kami ni Batchi, she convinced me that I should profess my love for you." I said to her.

Bagay na nakapagpatahimik kay Rhian.

"You were so out of it last night." Rhian huffed at me.

"I have low level of alcohol tolerance, hindi ako sanay nanAg umiinom." I said to her.

"Why did you? Gaano ba kalaki ang problema mo sa puso para magpaka-lango ka kagabi sa alak?" Rhian said huffing again.

"You just couldn't wait until we finished eating ano? I said to her.

"I've been waiting since last night." She said as she ate eggs and rice.

I didn't speak just yet, kasi may nginunguya pa akong pagkain. Napadami ata ang subo ko. Nginuya ko muna ito ng maigi bago ko nilunok. Humigop muna ako ng kape bago mag-salita.

"I drank because I was aching and I wanted to let you know the feelings I have been keeping, lahat ng sinabi ko kagabi, totoo lahat nang yun Rhian." I said to her.

"Okay, so anong gusto mong gawin ko? May asawa pa ako Glaiza. Alam mo naman yun simula pa lang hindi ba?" She asked me.

"I didn't ask you to do anything with how I feel." I said to her.

"So, we'll pretend that last night didn't happen, that's what you're saying right?" She asked me.

"Yes, exactly. Like it didn't happen. We'll talk after we know each other more, after you sort things out with Jeremy." I said to her.

"Glaiza. Masasaktan tayo niyan eh. Hindi pwedeng kalimutan ko na lang yung sinabi mo kagabi. I will always remember it. All I am saying is can we slow down? How could you love me when you don't know who I am really? I mean, the only thing you know about me is my Fourteen and Fifteen year old self, that was written Sixteen years prior to us meeting, a lot has changed. I'm not the same Rhian you knew because of that diary." She said to me.

"I understand." I said sincerely to her. 

"I'm still going through a lot of stuff Glaiza, I hope you understand if I won't be able to give you any definite answer right now, I'm not yet ready to be even in a relationship right now. Tama nang ganito lang muna tayo. Friends." She said to me. 

After naming mag-breakfast. Rhian and I decided to go to a Northern Road trip. We continued of the plans we had last night. Nagpaalam naman ako kagabi kela Nanay na magroroad trip kasama si Rhian. She insisted on bringing her car, which she now drives. Her car is a 2021 Subaru Impreza, color Black ang exterior at puti naman na leather seats sa loob, it was a nice car. Pero hindi ito yung tipong dapat na laging ibinabyahe sa siyudad, dahil sa mga lubak sa kalye sa Maynila. If I were to driver her car, baka matakot ako dahil sa mga ibang drivers sa Maynila. We were driving from South to North, we took the EDSA Service Road. Medyo maluwag na ang kalsada dahil gawa na ang mga Tren, it is in fact more fun to Commute now in the Philippines, dahil sa mga Tren na nagkokonekta sa mga kalapit na bayan at probinsya ng Maynila. 

There are no more buses in EDSA, ipinagbawal na ito ng kasalukuyang rehimeng Duterte, the buses that come here in EDSA are Provincial Buses and Point-to-Point Mini Buses like the ones in BGC. All the more reasons to love Manila, but of course may mga pasaway pa din na mga government officials, ang kalsada hindi pa din masyadong ayos, kaya nakakatakot mag-drive sa Manila. Rhian however, drives as if she has driven in Manila all the time. Parang bumabyahe siya sa Manila araw-araw kahit ang alam ko when she got back in the Philippines, she stayed in Batangas. 

"Ang galing mong magdrive ha? Paano ka natutong mag-drive?" I asked her. 

"Ahhh.. My Dad taught me how to Drive, tas there was one time that we visited Lola Felicity, before she died, so ayun tinuruan ako ni Dad mag drive around Manila going sa bahay ni Lola." she said smiling fondly at the memory. 

"I see." I said to her. 

"Oooohhh and I also got into racing sa States." She said smiling from ear to ear. 

"You raced?" I asked her. 

"Yep, drifted for a little bit, nothing really serious." she said smiling. 

"Ahhh kaya pala hindi ko nakita sa mga articles sa Google yang pag-reracing mo." I said to her. 

 "Grabe naman ang Google, ano pang nadinig mo sa mga school news articles about me?" She asked me. 

"Well, there's this one that said you organized an outreach as President of the Student Council, meron ding idinonate mo yung napanalunan mong prize Money sa isang Poetry contest sa school ninyo para maka-bili sila ng mga poetry books." I said smiling at her. 

"Hmmm no, mali yung nabasa mo about sa poetry contest, the stakes were they'll give poetry books for the school library + 5,000 pesos cash sa author ng mapipiling tula, I decided to give it to Charity that our school supports." She said smiling.

"I also know that you are the kindest and most beautiful woman in the face of the earth." I said to her.

"Susko po talaga Glai, if I had a million pesos for every bola you make towards me, you'd be a billionaire." She said laughing.

"Hindi naman kita binobola." I said to her.

"Kwento mo sa pagong Glai." She said hysterically laughing at me. 

We stopped over Bulacan and bought some Chicharon and iced tea for her and I bought bottled water for me. We had another hour and 30+ minutes. We munched on Chicharon and continued talking the entire road trip. Mag-lalunch time na nang makarating kami sa bayan ng Concepcion, Tarlac. Kung saan ako lumaki at namuhay kasama si Nanay at Tatay. I brought her to a restaurant called Antonio's Grill. Where they serve some of Tarlac's Pinatolang Baka sa Buho. It's a beef soup cooked inside a Bamboo Tube. Ito ang inorder ko at ang kanilang famous Grilled Pork Liempo. 

"Glai ano yung Pinatolang Baka sa Buho? Parang nakakatakot." She asked me worriedly

"Wag kang mag-alala Rhian, masarap yun. Beef Soup na niluto sa Bamboo Tube siya." I answered. 

"I see..." She said as she placed her order.

She ordered Chili Garlic Shrimps, Lumpiang Shanghai and Calamares. 

"Rhian, pwede ba kita puntahan pa din sa bahay nyo kahit na wala na akong project sayo?" I asked her.

"Sure, yun lang pala eh." Rhian said smiling.

When our orders were served we ate and got to know each other, sa puntong ito mas kilala ko na si Rhian pagdating sa pagkain nya. Wala siyang arte, kahit ano kinakain nya. Kahit yung isaw na inorder ko, favorite nya pala. Our trip around my home town continued after lunch, pagtapos naming kumain sa tabi-tabi, we decided to go home.

A/N:

To Vi_AndreA, salamat for inspiring me to write. 😊 Eto na po ang request mong update. Pagpasensiyahan mo na ha? Wala pa din yung sakitan nila. 🤣😂 Hindi ko kayang manakit. Gusto ko lang magmahal Andrea. 🤣🤣🤣

Para po sa mga readers, maraming salamat for all your votes and follows. I hope you guysbunderstand why I am not following back anyone of you, may scary kasi akong pinagdadaanan. ✌️🤣 Salamat sa pagintindi. 😊

Happy Friyay ebribadeh!

Spread light and love!

- Sky