.008

∘◦ ⛧ミ ◦∘.008.

"i let her in my heart, it was always open

"i let her in my heart, it was always open. now i'm sitting here wondering how she stole it."

leilani narrowed her eyes at lorenco and latrelle as they started to dance in front of her like idiots. today was a day for the luna family, the anniversary of their mother leaving them. their only parent abandoning her three children and leaving without a trace. each sibling was taking it different. it was the time lenore went off and seeked attention, so it didn't surprise lorenco and leilani when they woke up this morning and say spooky cooking in their kitchen.

lorenco, this year acted different. in the previous years he would be angry but this year he seemed happy and obsessed with cheering his sister up. leilani was the one to be sad, her not knowing her mother the most, she left a young age and didn't remember much of her and it frustrated her, so much that it would cause tears, nightmares and her anger management to get poor over the years.

so leilani, lorenco and latrelle stood outside of the school, in the yard by a table. leilani was quiet as the boys talked together. "come on, baby luna. black people cannot deny the two step. wait, are you two even black?" latrelle questioned looking to lorenco and leilani and they just deadpanned him. latrelle laughed throwing his hands into the air. "prove me wrong then." latrelle turned the music on his phone louder as he started to two step. the siblings looked at each other with a smirk forming and followed latrelle's instructions.

jamal and cesar looked at leilani as they walked passed the trio, they hated that she was affiliated due to her brother, and further her actions by hanging out with a known prophet but they couldn't stop her, at least not today. she had a lot to unpack. "at least she seems to be in a good mood, none of your drama has anything to do with leilani, does it?" jamal question and cesar just shook his head, lying. "of course not." he was lying through his teeth, this was something he could tell jamal.

cesar diaz slowly realized that his seventh grade crush for leilani was coming back, and he wondered if he had a chance. he tried to stop himself with thinking about her and jamal, bro code and he had enough on his plate already. but leilani and cesar is expected from everyone, she understood him perfectly, so why not her? jamal nodded looking to cesar. "good because i don't think that good mode is going to last for long. hopefully it doesn't." jamal flared his nose looking over to leilani who was dancing across latrelle as they laughed together.

leilani stopped dancing looking to her phone. "alright, i got to meet up with the squad before all hell breaks loose. she grabbed her bag from the table. lorenco and latrelle rolled their eyes once they looked to each other. "one day it's going to fall apart and you're gonna come running to us. we gonna show you the life." latrelle told her, handing her the drink he bought her. leilani smiled and shook her head.