.015

( rough start ! )

"have you been talking to your lawyers? life without parole is the only option you had? what the fuck, was it a public denfender?" lorenco luna sat across from latrelle

"have you been talking to your lawyers? life without parole is the only option you had? what the fuck, was it a public denfender?" lorenco luna sat across from latrelle. latrelle was scarfing down the food lorenco had bought for him. latrelle took a bite of the burger, covering his mouth as he chewed. "i got first degree with the girl, she i didn't think she was going to die in the hospital. and attempted with ruby. and len-" latrelle went to explain the rest but lorenco cut him off.

"lenore dropped the charges."

latrelle looked at lorenco in question. "it doesn't matter if she dropped them or not. olivia is dead. it was either life without parole or the death sentence. i think i just got lucky. i'll be fine i got protection in here." latrelle tried to reason with his best friend but lorenco just shook his head.

"you're settling, you need to keep fighting for the chance of parole. i'll get you the best lawyer in town." lorenco chewed on his bottom lip. "it's not going to get me out, they know i'm gang affiliated. i was just the start of the prophets. so whatever you're doing for them you need to stop while you can." latrelle advised lorenco. even though lorenco was older he was new to the prophets and still didn't know how everything worked.

"i can't if i'm gonna get you out of here."

"i'm not getting out," latrelle looked over to the empty seat beside lorenco. he was expecting someone else as well, "why didn't she come?" latrelle was looking forward to seeing leilani. he wanted to explain his actions, to just say sorry. to hug her again.

.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

leilani backed up from latrelle, letting him stand on his feet. "what did you do? latrelle are you fucking kidding me!" leilani yelled at latrelle as he stood to his feet, she began to beat on his chest. lorenco came over, pulling leilani away without a word. "you hit lenore." he informed his friend in a calm manner. lorenco fought against his little sister as she was trying to get out his grip by thrashing around.

"you knew about this?"

"it was only supposed to hit cesar." lorenco defended his knowledge of the shooting. that's when it clicked to leilani, the talk she had with him earlier. cesar was the person that pulled the gun on latrelle. she stopped fighting against lorenco and looked at latrelle. "i told you, to run. do you have any idea what this is going to cause? a fucking gang war. you hit lenore!" leilani told latrelle as lorenco still held on to her, not sure of what she might do next.

"i didn't mean to hit anyone else but cesar. ruby threw himself out when he realized i was there." latrelle explained. leilani and lorenco looked at each other. both conflicted on what to do, they didn't know the status of their sister and they stood in front of the shooter that did it all. but neither of them were urgent to do anything. "you need to run." lorenco told latrelle as he finally let go of leilani not seeing her as a threat anymore. the sirens of ambulances and the police could now be heard from down the street. they all looked as the lights passed, all scared.