(Chapter Two-A Lesson on Fusion)

'Garnet can be found sitting in her room, multiple Lava pools and fountains can be seen littering the walls and floor while her large bed sits in the center of the room, the fusion is currently reading a book while sitting on the edge of her bed'

'Garnet can be heard humming a song to herself softly as she reads her book labeled "How to raise a (sort of) human child" '

'She pauses for a second before closing the book slightly confused as if she heard somthing in the distance'

'She jumps back falling onto her bed as somthing flies past her in a flash of red light and splashes into one of the many Lava pools violently'

'Garnet gets back up her visor tilted slightly showing two of her three eyes that are visible wide and surprised'

'The lava pool bubbles for a moment before Chip can be seen crawling out of hit gasping for air as he rest his upper torso onto the hot floor'

Chip: "That landing was worse than last time..." 'Chip says in a pained voice un aware of his shocked and slightly alarmed mother swiftly rushing to his side'

Garnet: "Are you allright?" 'Garnet asks in a worried voice as she helps Chip out of the Lava pool'

Chip: "I-I think so, guess I'm Lava proof" 'Chip says as Garnet helps him stand up, he attempts to take a step forward only for him to fall forward being caught by Garnet'

Garnet: "While you may be Lava proof it turns out you arent collision proof" 'Garnet says with a soft voice as she looks at Chip'

'Chips legs are both glowing a bright red from the heat of the Lava he had landed in, however his left foot seems to be bent the complete wrong way, the foot being held onto the leg by his shattered ankle having wires hanging loosely from it'

Chip: "....that's going to hurt when my pain receptors catch up" 'Chip says quietly while Garnet role's her eyes before placing her visor back on her face'

Garnet: "C'mon let's get you to the living room, I'll bandage up your leg" 'Garnet says softly'

'Aftet a very short walk Garnet has Chip seated on the couch with his left leg in Garnet's hand as she bandages his ankle. Chip can be seen gritting his teeth in pain as glowing blur tears fall from his shut left eye'

Garnet: "There, done" 'Garnet says gently placing Chips leg down before she picks him up softly and sets him in her lap'

Chip: "T-Thank you" 'Chip says with shaky breath as he wipes his eyes'

Garnet: "So where did you end up this time?" 'Garnet asks attempting to distract Chip'

Chip: "I uh....may have got to see Pink Diamond again" 'Chip says causing Garnet to sigh'

Garnet: "She didn't do anything to you did she?" 'Garnet asks as she protectively brings Chip closer to herself'

Chip: "No she was actually really nice to me, I asked if she knew anything about my time travel do-hickey thing" 'Chip says gently placing a hand on Garnet's arms that are wrapped around his midsection'

Garnet: "Well what did she say?"

Chip: "Well she said that....homeworld had somthing to do with it.....and that it was meant to contain somthing....but I dont know what" 'Chip says causing Garnet to think to herself'

Garnet: "Well whatever it is that's is in there, Gem or not. Homeworld affiliated or not. Everyone will do thier best to help. figure this out" 'Garnet says reassuringly as she gently Pat's Chip on the head'

Chip: "It dosent bother you that I may be from Homeworld?"

Garnet: "Of course not, while your physical body might be from homeworld I have seen YOU grow and mature since you first activated here. You still have a long way to go. But nothing will change what you are" 'Garnet says kindly causing Chip to look up at her resting his head onto her torso'

Chip: "But what am I?"

'Garnet smiles as she reaches down and pokes Chip's nose'

Garnet: "You are a crystal gem  AND you are also my son. Even if you arent a gem" 'Garnet says softly earning a hum of contentment from Chip'

Amethyst: "Awwee mother, son bonding!" 'Amethyst says loudly as she stands up from behind the counter'

Garnet: "You ruined it"

Amethyst: "Oh I did? Did me being loud ruing your adorable soft side?" 'Amethyst asks teasingly causing Garnet to stare at her blankly from under her visor'

Pearl: "What is with all the ruckus in here?" 'Pearl asks clearly confused before she notices Amethyst standing clearly amused while Garnet continues to glare at her'

'Pearl looks from Amethyst to Chip noticing his bandaged leg aswell as the slightly pained expression on his face when he attempts to get up only to be pulled back down by Garnet'

Garnet: "You need to rest and heal" 'Garnet says sternly causing Chip to pout slightly while Pearl chuckles to herself'

Amethyst: "Oh! Steven can fuse!" 'Amethyst says loudly catching Chip's attention'

Pearl: "That's right! He fused with Connie into....oh what was their name"

Garnet: "Stevonnie" 'Garnet finishes causing Chip to smile lightly'

Chip: "Well that's good, I'm glad he is happy" 'Chip says softly earning a hum of agreement from Pearl'

'Chip falls silent with a slightly perplexed look on his face before he lightly touches the center of his chest'

Amethyst: "Whatsup metalhead?" 'Amethyst asks curiously causing Pearl to look listen closely'

Chip: "If Steven can fuse. Does that mean I may be capable of fusing?" 'Chip asks curiously causing Garnet to smile lightly'

Garnet: "I didnt think you would be interested in that at your age" 'Garnet says confusing Chip further'

Chip: "I dont see why I wouldnt be. From what you explained to me Fusion is about two gems or people who trust eachother, are deeply connected or love eachother creating one new being together" 'Chip says surprising the three gems in the room rather severely'

Pearl: "They grow up so fast" 'Pearl says in a whisper while Garnet smiles proudly'

Garnet: "That is true. However fusion can also be done for a more practical or serious reason, like when Pearl and Amethyst fused into Opal when Jasper and Peridot attacked" 'Garnet explains earning a nod of understanding from Chip'

Garnet: "So what reason do you think YOU would fuse for if you had a choice" 'Garnet asks curiously'

Chip: "Well if I had to do it to be able to protect someone that would be my first choice, but if it was for a more personal reason I presume it would be for a similar reason you stay fused?" 'Chip suggests causing Garnet's smile to brighten as she practically shines with pride'

Pearl: "That is one of sweetest things I've heard all day" 'Pearl says happily while Amethyst shrugs nonchalantly'

Amethyst: "Meh, I'm looking forward to when he gets to the teen mindset, we'll throw down some pranks on y'all!" 'Amethyst says with a evil grin'

*To be continued*