Chapter Thirty Nine

Comenzar desde el principio

"Yeah," she sighed, reluctantly follow him back inside.

"We just got here, you've got plenty of time to take it in." Rafael chuckled as he followed.

Katherine hung the dresses and a few other items she'd brought that needed it, set her toiletries out in the bathroom, and settled her suitcase on a rack not far from the closet.

"Is that all you plan to unpack?"

They had moved back out on the deck and were lounging on the couch set up closest to the building.

"I don't see the point in unpacking something that will just have to be packed again in five days. I get hanging things that might wrinkle, but not so much my swimsuits or underwear." She shrugged. Rafael smiled to himself as he bit back a small chuckle, but didn't say anything. "What?" She cut her eyes to him while trying to figure out what was so amusing about her decision to not unpack.

"You are so particular about cleaning and things being put away... I just didn't expect you to live out of a suitcase."

"I did when we visited my parents."

"Yeah, but they really didn't have a place for you to unpack, leaving you no choice."

"This is true..." She looked over to see him smiling again. "What now?"

"It's just nice to know we still have a few things to learn about each other."

"I'm sure there's more than a few." Katherine curled her legs under her and leaned against his chest, making herself comfortable while she took in the view.

"Don't fall asleep."

"I'm not." She yawned, smiling when he chuckled.

"We should probably start walking to dinner if for no other reason but to keep you awake." He smirked, pulling her up with him as he stood.

"Wasn't room service an option for dinner?"

"It was, you were the one who wanted to make reservations to eat on the beach." He smirked as she grabbed her camera.

"Remind me to scold myself for that later." She grumbled while yawning again.

"It'll be pretty and the walk will help keep you awake." Rafael took her hand and tugged her along, locking the door as they started down the long pier that led back to the beach and main buildings of the resort.

"It's so far to walk though..." She pouted while glancing down the path they still had left to walk. The bungalow they had selected was at the very end of the pier, offering more privacy as they only had another bungalow on one side of them as opposed to being sandwiched between two. The downside was they would have to walk the entire length of the pier every time they came to and from.

"Would you like me to see if they can roll you back on a luggage cart after dinner?"

Katherine smiled when he did. "I'll stop complaining about being tired and just enjoy the scenery."

The sun had set while they ate. It felt like just the two of them on the beach with how spread out the resort had the tables. Their's was a table for two placed where they both had an unobstructed view of the beach and ocean. Service was prompt and the food was delicious. Katherine spent as much time taking photos as she did talking with Rafael, forcing him to take a few with her at the table, finally giving up on framing it exactly how she wanted and asked the waiter to take their phone instead. The atmosphere of the setting sun with them sitting at their little table for two being feel she was going for and she was pleasantly surprise by the image the waiter had captured.