'That's because she's practically married off,' Chelsea teased.

'Shut up,' I laughed.

'I wonder if we can convince you to sneak out of your apartment from your boyfriend one night,' Yasmine giggled.

'The answer to that is no,' I replied. 'He would never stop me going out anyway.'

'You girls should see her man,' Chelsea told the other girls in the group. 'So fucking hot.'

'Can't wait to meet him,' Yasmine said with a smile.

My territorial side flared up a little as I listened to their words but I tried to take it as drunken chat and I knew what Chelsea was like. She was slutty but she'd never go there with her friend's boyfriends. Not that Cal would ever go for someone like her anyway; then again, I didn't look like his type either. Not like Tori did.

'Stop talking about this boring shit,' Brodie sighed. 'Lets go play some beer pong!'

We all cheered and jumped to our feet to head back inside and play. We went through around four games of beer pong and the time passed by quickly as we did so. The cups were full of vodka and beer and I was downing them quickly due to my competitive streak, not realising how much this was going to kill me in the morning.

As we finished our final game, I scored the ball into the cup and my team cheered loudly, Brodie picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder as he jumped up and down and spun around.

'Brodie stop!' I yelled.

He plopped me down and we high-fived and I automatically clasped my hand to my mouth.

'Oh shit,' Brodie said, eyeing me up. 'You okay?'

'This is why you don't spin someone around who just downed four games worth of alcohol!' I told him, turning to push through the crowd.

I headed up the stairs to the bathroom and locked myself in, leaning over the toilet and waiting patiently for my body to reject the alcohol. I breathed steadily but nothing seemed to come and I stood, returning my gaze to the mirror and tidied up my smudged eyes.

I pulled out my phone and saw three texts from Cal, all asking if I was okay. I took my time to reply, making sure I made no spelling errors and let him know I was having fun before heading back downstairs to my friends.

The group had seemed to part ways a little and I saw Chelsea and Yasmine flirting with some guys. I moved towards the sliding doors that led into the back yard and spotted Penny and Georgie drinking together on some chairs and I smiled as I moved to join my friends.

'Bethan?' A voice in my ear sounded and I turned to see one of the guys who'd been playing never have I ever with us.

'Hey,' I said. 'Brodie's friend, right?'

'Yeah, Dylan,' he replied. 'He's been looking for you.'

'Oh, okay,' I said, glancing back at my friends before moving my eyes back to him. 'Well, where is he?'

'I think he's out front,' he said.

I nodded and turned to push through the crowd, finally coming to the front door and heading out onto the porch. I closed my eyes as the fresh air greeted me and automatically eased my nausea. Opening them, I glanced around at the array of teens drinking out on the front lawn and spotted Brodie talking with one of his friends.

I wasn't stupid. I did believe that he still had some sort of feelings for me. His face had said it all when the girls mentioned Cal and he was clearly jealous. I wanted to clear things up a little but I figured it would be best to wait until we were sober and I saw him back at college and not in the midst of a frat party. For now, I just wanted to enjoy my night without drama.