I dragged my feet across the bedroom floor towards the door, to be met with the delicious smell of waffles, my favourite breakfast. If waffles are being made that means Mr Lee has decided to take a break from his office. I grew happy and excited at the thought as Mr Lee could now spend time with me, as today is a day I don't want to spend alone.

I walk to the bathroom first, I do my business, then wash my hands and face and brush my teeth and hair

I walk to the bathroom first, I do my business, then wash my hands and face and brush my teeth and hair. I stumbled down the hallway towards the delicious smell in the kitchen.

Mr Lee has the radio on playing the most recent popular song, humming away and shaking is head side to side along with his hips doing the same thing

Mr Lee has the radio on playing the most recent popular song, humming away and shaking is head side to side along with his hips doing the same thing. His back was turned to me so he didn't know I was in the room yet. As I watch him I took a seat on the stool at the kitchen island as he was busy with the waffles. There was plates already set out in the kitchen island and freshly cut fruit on the side. I had my eyes on my favourite fruit, watermelon. I took a piece of watermelon and took a big bite, chewing away, enjoying the flavour. Mr Lee then turned around to face me with the plate full of waffles in his hand, he was so startled I'm surprised the waffles didn't fall off the plate. His face was a picture though, his slim face now pale with shock. I swallowed my fruit and burst out laughing "oh (y/n) you scared me, I didn't know you were there" I laughed even more. He put his hand over his heart and relaxed his face. "Seriously (y/n) you should be a ninja. You got serious ninja skills there" I just responded with a small shrug and laughing softly. "I didn't want to interrupt your little moment you had there". Mr Lee just shook his head and handed me some waffles. My laughter stopped as the reminder of doing this sort of thing with my father  pops into my mind. I use to always sneak up on my father. I loved playing pranks on him. The thought saddens me and I stare down at my hands. Mr Lee noticed my mood change and looked at with saddened eyes. He reached over and put his hands over mine "today will be fine (y/n) I'm gonna spend all day with you and we'll go to the lake together to remember him, ok?" I nodded and sighed, grabbing some waffles and started to eat them with my watermelon. After breakfast I went to my room to get dressed for the day. I changed into a black tracksuit and white trainer, I like to dress comfy and we are going to the lake my parents use to always go to together.