✽ 𝐤𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐨𝐤𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

◦ ◦ ⊙ ◦ ◦

◦ ◦ ⊙ ◦ ◦

In a small room, where the walls were painted in light purple, stuffed animals with books rested on the white shelves, and clothes flew left and right out of the narrow closet, sat Jieun on her hands and knees, head buried into the back of her wardrobe. Her search for something good was turning up empty which only caused her anxiety to amplify. 

She sat back on her heels, heaving a heavy, defeated breath that pulled her best friend's attention away from her phone. Even wrapped in a towel, she could feel herself sweating after the shower. 

With a glance back to Eunjae, ignoring the arched eyebrow on her forehead, Jieun whined. "Help me."

Eunjae shook her head, dropping the phone down. "Now who's the one making an awfully big deal about this?

"It is a big deal!" she argued. "Jaehyun's basically implying to his buddies that I was howling on all fours for him when I literally sent him to fly a kite. That I was quote "chasing and begging to be in his bed for so long" that he just HAD to give in— I mean, who does he think he is to go on spreading lies about me? We only went out because you set us up!"

"Jieun," Eunjae said with a roll of her eyes, picking up a pair of black slacks that Jieun had deemed unworthy. "You used to roast me all the time for caring too much about what people thought about me. Because this stupid guy makes up a stupid rumor, he suddenly gets under your skin like that?"

"Yeah," she said as if it was good enough of a reason. "Do you have any idea how many 'are you okay?' and 'I'm very sorry it didn't work out' I heard today? These girls act like they really care about me, when in reality they're more than happy that it's finally over."

Another sigh from her best friend and Jieun watched the girl leaning into the scattered pile of clothes, pulling out a few possible choices. "Jaehyun was showing interest in you for some time... I thought you guys were truly hitting off. I didn't imagine it'd turn out badly. That he was... seeing other girls behind your back."

"What school do you even go to? Jaehyun wouldn't magically change for me and you know that."

"I'm sorry."

Jieun glared." Thanks for putting that asshole in my life."

Eunjae took the red skirt from her hands. "What do you plan to do when we get there? Makeout with some random guy to prove something? You know the rumors will only worsen and they'll see you as the ex-girlfriend who wanted a payback. Jaehyun's telling everybody he dumped you."

"I'm going over there to have fun," she answered, taking the skirt back. 

At this, she went back to her closet and Eunjae turned to lie on the bed pushed into the middle of the room.