NINETEEN

Dil Se Kab Nikaltay Hain Waqt Jinke Saath Guzra Ho,

Bhool Jaana Bhula Dena, Faqat Ek
Wehem Hota Hai...

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Her eyes widened, her smile faded losing its charm seeing him. He was standing in front of her in all his glory. The moment she dreaded to face finally came and she didn't knew how to react.

He looked changed. There were dark circles below his eyes and the shine his eyes carried was lost. He had grown beard making him look more mature.

Huh..Mature my foot.

He looked lost. He looked broken. She was able to trace a broken man in him, as he had the same broken look in his eyes which she carried four years ago.

He was the man she fell in love with. The same man she gave her heart to unknowingly. The man who crushed her heart mercilessly knowingly. The same man who vowed to protect her, to be with her, but failed to keep his promises.

He was the man she dreamt to be with. The man who made her realize that everything you wish, you pray for, cannot be fulfilled. He was her unfulfilled wish, her first heartbreak.

She gulped looking at him feeling her throat parched. The man she was running from all these years was standing a few metres away from her, taking in her presence, not able to believe that she was actually there, standing in front of him.

Seeing his shocked face she decided to go back to her room, taking this as the perfect opportunity to walk away.

Walk away without having any confrontation with him.

Talking quick steps she broke eye contact with him and tried slipping past him but he held her wrist, stopping her from leaving.

"Don't...Please don't go."

He whispered. Three words. He uttered those three words which she died to hear four years ago. Those words would have stopped her from leaving back then. Yes, she would have stopped if he asked her to. She would have convinced her heart to die everyday seeing him with another women if he asked her not to leave.

Only if he did.

But he didn't, and now his words didn't mattered to her anymore.

"Leave my hand."

Gathering every ounce of her courage she spat, trying to get her hand out of his strong hold. But his grip got more strong and he pulled her towards him decreasing their distance, their eyes now clashing against each other. Light brown against dark brown orbs. Soft against cold ones. Broken ones against hopeful ones.

"You are here. Tell me that you are, and I am not dreaming."

He whispered embracing her small frame in his arms, not able to believe that she was there. He was feeling content seeing her. Her presence was like a fresh breeze in his dead world making him feel alive again.

It was the time where everything stopped for them. It was the time when their hearts felt serenity being close with each other.

Having her in his arms made him realize that she came back. That her presence was not the fragment of his his daily imagination, but reality.

He was feeling like she never left, like she was always there with him. It was true though as she always was there on his mind, her memories imprinted in his heart. She left, but he was unable to forget her, to get her out of his system.