(3.) Riddle man

Hes so cute when hes upset
Or
He's upset and he's came to me. Ugh why?

Jim paced around the precinct with puzzled eyes, confused and worried. "A lightbulb?" He muttered to himself, just loud enough that the few people around him could hear. "A damn lightbulb!" This time he said it a lot louder - bordering on shouting.

"Yeah, sounds pretty crazy." I walked up to the small group of people who circled Jim, everyone thinking he was turning into a lunatic. "Not surprised though. Have you seen some of the people here?" I chucked, Jim finding it less funny. Glaring at me out the coner of his eyes.

We stood at the large doors at the front, patiently waiting for Alvarez coming back from the homeless men's food run. He hadn't been gone long, but we started to get anxious - desperately wanting to know what happened just last night, and what would turn someone to do something as bad as shoving a lightbulb down a man's throat.

"After doing my own investigation" Edward started - once again startling us. We usually don't see him coming towards us, I might be because he was quiet and quick, or, we don't pay attention to the mentally damaged man. "I've noticed he was knocked out from some sort of wooden weapon" after hearing this Jim looked at me, puzzled and curious. By this time we had turned and faced Edward who looked a little too excited over this case. "Perhaps a baseball bat?" Edward raised an eyebrow at his suggestion, switching his gaze from me to Jim. "You went into the forest and got me..."

"Ed! No riddles. What did you find?" Jim almost shouted at him, sending a frown to his face. Jim's face looked red and angry - almost like he was about to burst into a rage of anger. However, I didn't care if he shouted at me, he couldn't fire me for him being angry at nothing.

"Ed, continue your riddle." I smiled at him - he did the same. Turning his body slightly just to face me, as if he was pretending Jim didn't exist (which I'm sure Jim has done to Edward a few times.)

"You went into the forest and got me, you sat down to find me, you went home with me because you couldn't find me." He said with a quick pace, hardly giving me Any time to soak in what I had just heard.

"In a forest." I mumbled to myself, thinking of the possible answers. "Trees are in a forest." I stated, hearing Jim huff at my attempt to satisfy the man who Jim didn't like. "Trees give you wood..? Paper..? A paper cut?" I asked him, looking up at the tall man who still smiled brightly - shaking his head. "No? Hm" I thought once more.

"Very close though."

"A splinter?!" I cheered out, knowing I had got the answer right. He nodded at me, looking extremely proud. Although I went about telling people his riddles annoyed me, the truth was I could sit all day long with him playing these games.

"He has small wooden splinters in his head and then he choked to death on the lightbulb." By now, Edward was now only talking to me - clearly not appreciating the scoffs and huffs Jim had been giving him. "Judging by the time of death, the wooden bat was only used to knock him out to move his body to the harbour where the murderer killed him."

"Lovely"

"Right, well, Ed. Thanks." Jim told him, slightly rolling his eyes at him - although he knew this information was very important to us. I didnt understand Jim's hatred towards Edward. It could be his constant riddles and rhymes or he just didn't like the man, however there was no reason to hate him. He turned his back on him, looking back at the large doors that opened slowly - revealing Alvarez.

Most people hurried over to him, including Jim. But I stayed with Edward who hadn't moved since he got here. His head hung low slightly with a small frown on his face. "What's wrong?" I asked, placed my hand on his arm.