(1) Kristin's Flowers

Our eyes met across the room and I instantly felt a connection. Love at first sight?
Or
Our eyes met across the room and he waved at me. I think hes a little creepy

"Dang it"

A dozen pieces of paper that had once been clutched to my chest, held on by my hands were now dotted around the floor - disorganised.  These papers were important, however, not important enough they couldn't get a little dirty from being on the floor. My floor wasn't dirty anyway, it was cleaned every day - sometimes twice if I got in early. I didnt like mess, I have mental battles with migraines and headaches at the sight of it - especially if I wasnt my fault. The files on the floor were not in any order at all now, the majority of them had flipped over and facing the ground - about seven or eight sheets of white A4 papers were now just lying on my office floor. The others facing me, but they were not as organised as they were before. I groaned a little, placing a few fingers to the side of my head - deciding if I should take some pills to help with the pain.

As I slowly sinked to the floor, one of my hands reaching out to grab the closest paper to me I heard a slight knock on the door and the metal mechanism clicking - telling me the person had just walked into my office. "Ah Quinn, I've been looking for you" A man with short brown hair came in, starting up a conversation with me. He wore a suit with a black tie, his jacket sat perfectly on his body, showing off his broad shoulders. "I got a call about a case. Harvey's busy on paperwork, can you join me?" The man known as Jim stood with a straight face, Waiting for an answer from me - looking down at me since I was still kneeling on the floor. He scanned around me, raising his eyebrows at the paper mess I had just made.

Although now, the one thing I wanted to do desperately was to clean up my office - picking up all the files, placing them on my desk, deciding how I would organize them and slowly do so - making sure I had done it correctly, checking it over once or twice.

"What's the case?" I asked, curiously, placing the one paper I had on my hand onto my desk and using the side of the wooden furniture to help me get back up. After straightening out my dress and dusting off my knees I now had the chance to give Jim my one hundred percent attention. Although, I didn't.

The files were organised by case size, but I wasn't too happy about that decision. Possibly now I could change it? Alphabetically was always in the back of my mind and so was font size. However, I would probably end up putting them in the same order as it originally was to stop confusion between myself and the other detectives.

Jim groaned at the thought of the case. "Just you're average Gotham murderer." He told me. He stepped further into my room, being careful enough not to put the bottom of his shoes on the papers that had now taken peace on my floor. He rested his his hand on my desk, leaning against it slightly as it moved a little due to his weight. "Do you want me to help you pick these up?" He asked, pointing to the ground.

"I've got it, thank you though." I smiled at him. He raised an eyebrow at my refusal but ignored it anyway. Although my rejection sounded like I didn't want his help, rather than need it, I would rather he thought I was rude than need to tell him I didn't want his dirty hands all over the papers.

"Okay then." He stretched out. "I'll meet you outside then." His voice was low and rough when he said that, turning his back at me and returning to the open space that was just down the hall - the noise from there was carried along all the corridors. I could sometimes make out full conversations if I left my door open, but I'm not the one to eavesdrop.

I bent down once more, taking my time to make sure I had picked every one up - even the couple that had glided under my desk and placed them carefully onto the desk, wiping a few clearly dirty ones with my sleeve. I sighed in pleasure, taking my foot from its position and moving it towards the door - about to follow Jim to the irritating phones.