Chapter 52: Let's talk

Start from the beginning

"Come on buddy, lets go play some Xbox!" Nicholas says clapping his hands together. Luca takes his hand and I can faintly hear Luca ask what's that causing Cami and I to chuckle. I pull back enough to look at her. I can still see the bruising on her forehead. I begin feeling guilty but she is quick to recognize it.

"Don't you DARE think it!" She says giving me a pointed look. I can't help but chuckle shaking my head looking down. "Come on, we can talk inside." She says tilting her head towards the door. I nod my head as we walk in the house. The boys already sitting in the living room with controllers in their hands. Nicholas trying to explain something to Luca. I smile at them before Cami weaves us towards the kitchen.

I walk over to the bar stool and sit down. Cami taking the seat beside mine. I take a shaky inhale thinking about the last time I was in here. My hands begin trembling which Cami notices grabbing them firmly in her own.

"Cami, he... he-"

"He is gone H." She states firmly. I look into her eyes seeing the assurance I need to exhale deeply. "Do you want to talk about what happened."

I clear my throat and sit there contemplating my decision. She is my best friend, my sister... I nod slightly which was enough for her to see.

"After he-" I clear my throat not being able to say what he did to her out loud. "Once he dragged me out of the house, he tossed me in the back of a van. I couldn't stop thinking about you, my family, or Xavier & Luca. I tried escaping when we came to a stop but he was quicker. He put a needle to my neck and I was out."

I feel her grip my hand to reassure me. "When I woke up, he had me strapped to a chair." My voice begins to waiver. "He um, said that we were getting married tomorrow. That he wanted to do it right. He said he made a mistake forcing himself on me before marriage so he wanted to correct that."

"Did he-"

I shake my head negatively knowing what she wants to say. "No, other than run his fingers down my cheek and him choking me. He didn't touch me." I feel her release her own breath. "He drugged me again to put me to sleep. After that all I remember is waking up in the hospital."

I watch as she takes her hands back rubbing them on her thighs taking her own shaky breath. I know what she did to save me but I still wanted to hear it from her. It was my turn to gently grab her hands. I can see the tear roll down her cheek.

"He took you H." Her owns hands trembling. She looks down at our hands. "He took you and I couldn't stop it."

"You saved me Cam..." I see her lip tremble. "Nicholas told me that you.." I trail off again. I see her close her eyes for a minute having more tears leak out.

"He hit me over the head with the butt of his gun. When I came to, I saw him holding you trying to kiss you." She turns her hand over so she was gripping mine. "When I woke up in the hospital, I knew I needed to get out so I did. I came home and looked out the security cameras in the house."

" I didn't even know we had them." I say giving her a confused look while she just nods her head.

She smirks. "Smart move grabbing my phone." I chuckle.

"We got your location and got there driving like criminals." I smile at her. "H, when we found you.. I can't- I can't even describe how much rage I had in me. He was cuddling you on the bed." I jerk my hand back not knowing that. I feel like my skin is crawling. I tremble however Cami reaches for me holding my shoulders tightly. "I made the bastard get away from you and Xavier rushed to you. He held you to his chest like you were his only treasure."

"I didn't know..." She shakes her head.

"I made the bastard pay before I shot him." I keep my eyes trained on her but I see no remorse. I nod my head. "I would do it again if need be."

I chuckle and she does too. I hug her tightly and she reciprocates. "You are crazy Cam.."

"Well, I have a surprise for you so we need to get going." I raise my head to give her a questioning look.

"Cami, before we go- I need to tell you something."

She stops moving giving me a knowing smile.

"Took his ass long enough to ask." My jaw drops in shock. She knew??

"You know?!" I ask while still trying to get pass the shock. She laughs looking at me.

"I'm guessing. I could see the way he looked at you when you were finally back in his arms." I give s gentle smile feeling myself blush. "To be honest, I'm kinda surprised he allowed you to come over."

"He almost didn't." She laughs holding her stomach.

"Well I guess I will have to allow Nicholas to stick around after all." She says linking her arm with mine.

"Or Theo." I say cheekily seeing her own grin. "Oh we definitely need to talk about that.."

We walk back into the living room to see the boys playing a racing game. Luca is standing on the couch in concentration and Nicholas is solely focused on the TV as well. Cami and I stand there with arms crossed and wide smile. All of sudden Luca jumps up cheering loudly while Nicholas drops his head in defeat. I couldn't help busting out laughing. Luca turns to me.

"Momma, can I get an Xbox?"

Oh Jesus