*22* Into The Forest *22*

Ambrosia's POV

"Kids, get down from there!" I call up into the rafters of the house, my hands on my hips and my brows furrowed. Talon giggles in response.

"Mama, if I push Talon, will you catch him?" I hear an innocent sounding voice ask me.

My brows lower. 

"Avaline, don't you da-"

Tiny hands appear on Talon's shoulders and I rush forwards to catch him. 
"Oof!" Talon exclaims as he lands in my outstretched arms. 
Gritting my teeth, I set Talon, who's giggling, down and stare up into the dark rafters my children hide on.

"Avaline! Get down here right now-"
"Bombs away!" Avaline squeals, tossing Fang and Joshua out of the rafters and jumping down after them.

Pushing Talon out of the way, I move to the left, catching Fang by the arm by the leg before rushing to my right. My hand quickly snatches up Joshua's arm as he lets out a squeal. Shifting my left shoulder further left, I feel the impact of Avaline's squealing body upon it as she lands onto my shoulder.

Behind me, the door of the house opens.

"Haha, Lad ye have many more years ahead of yo-"

Glancing over my shoulder, I see the entire company entering the house. Fili and Kili, looking smug as ever, speak first.

"Well, well, well. What's going on in here?" Fili jests, stepping towards us.

"Having fun without us?" Kili jokes with an offended tone, placing his hand over his heart.

I give them a glare.

"Fili, Kili, you better not be harassing your aunt," Thorin's deep voice cuts in as he walks into the house, covered in dirt.

My face reddens.

"Oooh~! Mama's turning red!" Talon teases from his new safe place in Gandalf's lap.

My face darkens and I can feel everyone's eyes on me.

"Oooh~!" All the children tease, and my face continues to darken.

"2 weeks." I state, catching their attention.

"Wha-?"

"That's how long you're grounded," I interrupt Fang, avoiding everyone's eyes.

"Wait-"

"But-"

"We didn't-"

The dwarves chuckle behind me. 

A large hand lands on my shoulder as Thorin's deep chuckle joins the others.

"They're only children, Amari," He reminds me in his calming voice, lifting the children off of me. 

Letting out a sigh, I turn to the children, who all stand before me with pleading looks.

"Fine. 1 week," The children sigh in relief.

Everyone laughs. 

"What did they do to deserve grounding, Amari?" Thorin asks, coming to stand beside me as the children begin the trudge upstairs. 

Turning to him, I respond. 

"Let's just say I could do with some ale."

Grabbing my cloak, I turn to my teary eyed children. 

"Now, you'll be good for Uncle Beorn, won't you?" I ask them, slinging my cloak onto my shoulders.