*17* Skin-Changers *17*

A/N Here, Have A Picture Of Thorin. ^ Also, please read the A/N at the end of this chapter! 

Ambrosia's POV

Elven nurses surround me, tending to my various injuries as they have been for the past hour. One tends to the claw marks on my neck, - courtesy of Azog - another tends to my burns and the last nurse in the room is writing another letter to Radagast from her desk in the corner. There are supposed to be five nurses on duty. But the other two are in my room watching the warg pups, per my request.

I let out a hiss as the nurse tending to my neck begins to bandage my scars. The healing spells can only do so much for the wounds. They nearly punctured my neck. Had Azog adjusted his grip even the slightest bit, he would have killed me.

Luckily for me, he didn't.

Unluckily for me, however, I still look like Lash. Adar sent word to Radagast via dove that I require his magic again. Hopefully, he will arrive before evening so that he can perform the spell and I can pack up mine and the children's stuff to leave by tomorrow afternoon.

If everything goes as planned, the children and I will arrive at my shared home by tomorrow evening. Just in time to introduce them to my roommate and get them to bed.

"Princess Ambrosia! Princess Ambrosia!"

I turn away from the nurses and towards the doors to see another nurse enter the room. She looks panicked.

"The pups have awoken- they're not taking well to their new surroundings, Your Highness!" She exclaims just as a crash sounds from the other room.

Quickly standing, I thank the nurses as rush to the other room. The other of the two nurses I sent to watch the pups stands outside the door, a frightened look on her face. I dismiss her, opening the door just in time to see a brush go flying past my face. I hurry inside, shutting the door behind me before turning to the pups.

Well, I suppose I shouldn't be calling them that anymore.

In front of me stand two young children- maybe four or five- with black hair, bright yellow eyes and slightly different features. The boy has dark circular spots around his eyes and the girl has small freckles dotting across her cheeks and nose.

The two children look up at me with frightened expressions before relaxing slightly.

"You- You're the one that saved us!" The boy exclaims with wide eyes.

"Indeed I am," I respond, before looking around the destroyed room.

"Now, what's got you two so riled up?" I inquire, fully aware of why they are so freaked out.

"Why do we look like humans?! And where are we?" The boy asks, holding hands with his sister as he asks.

I kneel down to their level before responding.

"That is because you are human-like. You are no longer wargs. But you are not quite human either. You are skin-changers."

Their eyes widen as they slowly inch towards me.

"Really?" The girl asks, narrowing her eyes as if she doesn't believe me.

I nod.

"That's- That's so cool!" The boy exclaims with a smile.

"Yeah, I guess," The girl pouts, turning her head to the side and puffing out her cheeks.

I smile lightly at the two. "My name is Ambrosia. What are your names?"

"I'm Talon," The boy responds before nudging his sister. His sister continues to pout, but glances over at me and responds.

"Fang."