*20* Confessions *20*

Ambrosia's POV

    My eyes slowly flutter open. Where am I? I glance around the dark room for a moment before stopping abruptly. Pain shoots from mid stomach to my neck. 
    What did I do this time?

    Slowly, I get up, the events of the day flashing through my mind. Oh gods, what did I do?

   "Oh, now we've done it! They must be so afraid~ Terrified even!"

    "As if they weren't already afraid of me," I mutter back to Lash, hoping she'll be quiet. But I can feel her resisting me. She wants freedom again, but that's not going to happen if I can help it.

    I turn to face the window, seeing only darkness beyond it. What time is it? Beorn must know. 

    Turning away from the window, I begin to tiredly trudge down the stairs, catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror. 
    Beorn must have washed the blood from my cheeks. I look fairly the same as I did this morning. Well, except for my chest. The veins on my chest and neck are glowing a dark purple. The serum from the Orcs is battling the potion Radagast made. No wonder I'm exhausted.

    I make my way downstairs to find the room is silent, but everyone is awake. I glance around momentarily to see the children are playing with Gandalf and Bilbo in the corner, and the others are spread out around the room. No one speaks until I reach the ground floor.

    "Is Lash resisting?" Beorn asks from his seat on a hay bale, catching the attention of the others.

    "She's always resisting. But she's subdued," I respond tiredly, walking to the kitchen and over to the cabinets. I can feel everyone's eyes on my glowing veins. "What time is it?" I inquire, opening up one of the cabinets and shuffling things around. 

    "It's nearly midnight. You and the children should be asleep," Beorn gruffly answers from his spot, watching me with disapproval.

    I glance over to the children, my eyes landing on Avaline. "And how long did it take her to wake up?"

   Surprisingly, Dwalin answers, "An hour. That's some magic trick you've got there, Lass."

   I turn to face the group, slipping the lavender oil I was searching for into my dress pocket. Should I explain it? They no doubt have questions.

    "You can explain in the morning, Lass," Balin stops me and anyone who was going to ask. "You've done more than enough for today."

    I glance over at Thorin, waiting for him to interject, only to be met with an agreeing nod. He seems to be busy thinking about something. 

    Turning back to the children, I call for them to head upstairs to bed. I begin to follow them, but I can feel someone's eyes on me. 

    "Bilbo, would you help me tuck them in? They seem to like you quite a lot," I inquire, looking over my shoulder to face the surprised hobbit. He clears his throat, nodding and rushing over to follow us upstairs.

    We make quick work of tucking the children in and they fall asleep as soon as their heads hit their pillows.

    "Thank you, Bilbo," I quietly thank him, watching the children's sleeping forms.

     "It was no problem- really. Always happy to help."
    I turn to face Bilbo, my eyes meeting his teary ones. Wait- teary?

     "Bilbo? What's wrong?" I rush over to him, leaning down to face him. Bilbo sniffles lightly, using his handkerchief to wipe away a few stray tears.