*8*

Ambrosia's POV

The very next day in the late afternoon, we buried Avaline and Joshua's mothers. We being me. Though, some of the other dwarves, Elrond, Gandalf, and Bilbo did attend. Throughout the whole ceremony, the two clung to me bawling into my shoulders as I bowed my head- both in respect and shame.

I could've- no, Should've and Could've stopped their deaths from happening. But, by the time that we found the bodies, which had been hidden in the ceiling of one of the tallest towers, there was nothing that even my strongest magic- the roses atop my head- could do. Even if I had been in time though, I would've ended up in the hospital wing where they had just been for at least a full day, passed out from the pain. 

In order to revive someone, I have to cut off one of the roses on my head and place it above the person's heart. Then, I have to mutter a very complicated spell, all while fighting to remain conscious as blood freely flows from the agonizing cut. I found out I could do this a while ago, while I was out with Gandalf. 

We were doing research to find out just what kind of creature I had become when we had come across this spell. Though, we never did figure out what I am, and have I never actually used the spell.

As soon as the ceremony ended, I had taken the two sobbing children to their room to rest, meeting eyes with Gandalf and Elrond on my way out, hoping they know to meet me in the hall where the whole Edea incident happened. Avaline and Joshua fell asleep as soon as their tiny heads hit their pillows, and I quickly tucked them in before turning around and heading to the hall.

My boots tap along the floor in a rhythmic pattern as I walk through the castle, finally turning to see the Edea shaped hole in the ground, Elrond, and Gandalf.

The moment I enter the hall, the two's eyes are trained on me curiously. I quickly walk up to them, and Elrond quickly starts the conversation.

"This journey is quite dangerous Ambrosia. I think it would be best for you to stay here. You have no idea when or if you'll run into.. him.." Elrond slowly warns me, placing a protective hand on my right shoulder. 

Looking between the two, I reply, "That's actually what I wanted to talk to you both about."

This quickly peaks their interest, and they quickly shush, Elrond moving his hand back to his side.

"I'm going to continue this journey, whether you like it or not, but I do have... a few requests," I start, looking pointedly between the two again.

"Yes? Well what is it?" Gandalf pipes up, looking rather interested to hear what I have to say.

First, I look to Elrond. "I would like you to give Gandalf some way to call for help. Preferably, those Eagles you have in the stables, if you wouldn't mind. And I would like for Avaline and Joshua to stay here. If I can, I will come back for them. But until then, I have no doubt they will be safe here if Edea remains in her cell."

He nods, but still listens intently as I look over to Gandalf.

"If he... if he gets me in his grasp.... I need you to kill me,"  I tell him, a dark, yet serious look in my eyes. Both of their faces turn shocked quickly as they start to object.

"Ambrosia-" Elrond starts.

"It will not come to that. You are far to strong-" Gandalf continues.

"That's what we thought last time, yet you both saw what happened! We were here. We were safe, yet he still took me! If it comes down to my life, or the lives of many, you must kill me." I press, my voice changing from slight desperation to calm, yet serious yet again. Gandalf glances away, towards the corridor for a moment, as if signaling that someone is over there. He glances again, before looking to me, and I quickly realize that's exactly what he's signaling.