{diego} paper airplane

this is a request for my good friend Dark_shadownight. Well rather I wanted to write something for them and they said yes. You should check them out!

Also I'm tired so ignore mistakes.

Enjoy!

~~~

Since she moved in three months before his fourteenth birthday, Diego Hargreeves had been fascinated with the girl next door. His family didn't know many people, as they weren't allowed to talk with a lot of people and were only given a small amount of time every Saturday to go out and about, mainly to go to the park or to Griddy's for donuts.

When you don't talk to many people as a child except your siblings, getting a new neighbor can be exciting yes, but from the start, Diego was enamored with her. She was pretty, that much he could see, and was pretty quiet herself. She never bothered to come over, nor did she ever not make herself present. She would always sit in the courtyard, which was visible to the house since it was to the side with a gate, eating an apple or some chips in a bowl while reading a different book each day. Or she would play darts or jump rope. Very mundane things, yes, but still things she did.

Over time, Diego began speculating on what this girl's life was like and trying to draw conclusions based on what he saw. She didn't do much except hang out in the yard, which told him she liked outside, or that she didn't have a television or computer. He also speculated that her parents were protective as she didn't leave and they frequently checked in on her.

When it summer was over, she would only stay outside in the afternoon, wearing a school uniform and doing work under the tree in the courtyard. He suspected by the looks of the uniform it was a private school, most likely religious, and knew she was a diligent worker by the way she was so focused on her homework.

It wasn't until he was September that he realized he really liked the girl. His siblings pointed out how he would watch for her during breaks, hoping to see her and when she wasn't how dejected he would appear. He'd simply scoff and brush it off, but soon it got too hard to ignore the obvious truth.

He liked the girl. A lot.

He hadn't even talked to her though, which was a bit of a problem. How could he talk to her anyway? He only got thirty minutes of free time a week, and of course he could use that to talk to her, but what would he say in such a short amount of time. And with his stutter, it would take forever to say something to be-

Wait a minute. Who said he had to say anything? He could write a note and send it to her. How would he though, he couldn't possibly deliver it conveniently without her spotting it. Then an idea hit him.

A paper airplane.

The next couple of days, whenever training was over and everyone was spread across the house, Diego talked to two of his brothers, Luther and Five. Five was the smartest in the family and could definitely help with the plan and Luther knew how to make a perfect paper airplane, so it was a nice combination.

"So, why on earth can't you do this by yourself?" Luther asked, slightly annoyed.

"I would, trust me, but I really can't have this go wrong. This might be my only chance at getting to speak to her without any restraints." He explained.

"I think it's a good idea, but I'm not sure how you're exactly going to manage back and forth communication. She only leaves her yard to go to that dreaded all girl's school." Five added

"Already thought about it. She can go onto the fire escape and send me some from ours. It won't be hard for me to throw them to her and maybe she's okay at it as well..."