{Vanya} Crummy Apartment

Notes: Hey everyone! This is my first one shot I've done for TUA in a while, so I apologize if I'm a little rusty lol.

This was a request from the lovely @Marry_Me_Vanya! I hope you enjoy ^^

~

The hinges of your apartment door creaked loudly as Vanya entered, setting her keys and wallet down on the chair right next to it. From where she was standing, she could hear the hum of a small radio and the simmering of something good, all coming from the kitchen where she assumed you must've been cooking something. She began making her way over, the smell of vegetables being simmered in spices confirming her suspicion as she walked into the kitchen to find you cooking.

She smiled, walking over to you quietly, her head turning to look around the room. The table in the middle of the kitchen had been set; you were probably assuming you'd have been done cooking by the time Vanya got home. The plant that was normally sitting in the window sill over the sink was now being used as a center-piece. The station playing on the radio was one that you both loved listening to. All of these little things communicated to Vanya that tonight was a special occasion, and seeing as it wasn't either of your birthdays, an anniversary nor a holiday, Vanya could only assume that it was a surprise.

She crept up behind you, wrapping her arms around your waist and resting her chin on your shoulder. She heard you chuckle softly, your eyes still glued to the pan in front of you.

"Hey hon," she whispered, the smile in her voice clear as day.

"Hey," you whispered back, looking up from the food and over at her, locking your eyes. She smiled and tucked her face in the small of your neck, her lips ghosting over your skin.

"What's all this for anyway?" she asked, a little louder this time.

You slowly spun around and faced her, grinning from ear to ear as you placed your arms on her shoulder.

"You remember that job interview I had last Saturday?"

Vanya felt herself grin before your words could even settle, excitement bubbling in her chest.

"You got the job?"

You beamed, nodding and laughing as you jumped and hugged her.

"I got the job!"

Vanya hugged you back and kissed your cheek, chuckling happily.

"That's incredible!"

You squeezed her and spun her around, pressing kiss after kiss on her lips.

"I know!"

You pulled away and took her hands into yours, holding them tight.

"I'm starting next week!"

She sighed softly, running her thumb over your knuckles as she gazed at you lovingly.

"Honey, I'm so proud of you. I know you've been wanting this for a while."

You sighed, leaning forward and resting your head next to hers.

"I have. I really have, but I've finally got the job!"

You lifted your head up and placed another peck on her lips.

"And the best part is, with my salary combined with yours, we should have enough funds to be able to move out of this crummy apartment!"

She chuckled, looking around at your so-called "crummy" apartment. Sure, while it may not have been the nicest apartment in the city, it wasn't all that bad. The rent was decent and the landlady was nice, plus, you both had so many memories here. She couldn't remember the last time you had been anywhere else.

"Well, let's just wait and see how it goes before we jump to something like that."

You rolled your eyes.

"Sure, fine. But only because I know you're so attached to it."

"Thank you."

"Now, go and sit down! Dinner will be ready in just a second."

She smiled, walking over to the table and pulling out her usual seat. She looked at the table set in front of her and then back to you.

The more she looked at you, the more she realized that you really were the love of her life.