Chapter Six

A/N; OH MY GODS! THANK YOU SO SO MUCH FOR OVER 100 READS! THIS IS HUGE FOR ME! I HAVE SPENT SO MUCH TIME AND ENERGY ON THIS FIC AND THE FACT THAT 100 PEOPLE READ THIS

A/N; OH MY GODS! THANK YOU SO SO MUCH FOR OVER 100 READS! THIS IS HUGE FOR ME! I HAVE SPENT SO MUCH TIME AND ENERGY ON THIS FIC AND THE FACT THAT 100 PEOPLE READ THIS. IT'S JUST WOW, PRETTY AMAZING. 

"She watched H20 with me," Percy says, for the fifth time. "It was a dream, Luke. A dream."

"So I've heard," Luke says drily. "Four times prior to this one."

"You're the only one who watches it with me."

"It's because I pity you," Luke says, but Percy knows his friend likes the show as much as he does. "She probably feels the same."

For good measure, Percy messes up Luke's hair. It's worth it when his friend gasps like he's been shot. "My hair was so good today," he whines, a few seconds later. "You've ruined all of my hard work."

"Somehow, I think you'll move on," Percy says to his suddenly much more dramatic friend. "Oh, look, here comes Thalia."

"Before I've even had the chance to look in a damned mirror," Luke grumbles moodily.

Percy has a feeling that if Y/N were here, she'd be making a joke at his expense about sexy, manly angels. The thought makes him miss her, a little, since the last time he was able to hang out with her was approximately three days ago. Before he can witness another conversation between Luke and Thalia, where they turn into bumbling idiots that talk about everything except their very obvious something, he jogs ahead to reach the courtyard.

There are always students lazing around out here before class, especially since it's finally hit October and the weather's nothing short of perfect—a good amount of sun with a fair amount of breeze. He sees a group of people sitting in a circle right on the concrete, playing what looks like some form of charades, a girl leaning against a brick building flipping through a textbook, and tons of other kids standing around and chatting. Percy bypasses them all, making a beeline for the vending machines.

The soda machines at his school are almost always out of everything, so Percy holds his breath when he requests a Coke Zero. By some dumb luck, the machine has one in stock and drops it into the box.

He's reaching down to get it when someone hip bumps him, very nearly sending him careening into a brick wall. He recognizes the shoes before he even looks up at the person. "Hi," he says, breathless after nearly getting himself concussed.

"Morning," Y/N chirps brightly, and ugh, he forgot that she was a morning person. She pushes six coins through the slot just like he did and requests a Coke Zero. He hears the tell-tale sigh of a student who's been told that their choice of drink is out of order. "You'd think they'd restock these things beyond the Sprite Zero," she mutters under her breath, but admits defeat, pressing down on the button for a Sprite Zero instead.

Percy looks down at the Coke Zero in his hand. "They did," he says, slowly. "I just took the last one."

She glances at his drink, scoffing. "Of course you did, you horrible, horrible human." She retrieves her Sprite Zero, knowing better than to open it straight away, and turns towards him. "How'd you do on the supply test in econ?"

"Made an 87," Percy shares. "You can have the Coke, if you want it."

Y/N waves him off, shaking her head. "It's fine. Thank you."

"Are you sure?" He draws out the last word, raising his eyebrows. It might be a lie, but he still says, "I don't mind Sprite, anyways."

"The Sprite Zero is awful, and we both know it," Y/N says, clearly not buying in. She smiles at him nonetheless. "Really, thanks, but I'll live without a Coke."

"I—" Percy's not sure why he's struggling with this, but he wants Y/N to have it. He doesn't want anything to get in the way of her having a perfect day; he doesn't want her spirits dampened in the slightest, even if it's just a soda. It's not like it's going to make or break her mood, Percy tries to tell himself, but it doesn't change his mind. "Really. You should take it."

"Why do you want me to take this soda so bad?" Y/N questions, confused, but still smiling at him. "Did you shake it, or something?"

"No," Percy says, with every bit of sincerity he can muster. "I swear. It's in perfect condition; I haven't even opened it. Here," he offers it out with one hand, using the other to swipe her Sprite Zero. "It's yours."

She takes it, but not without a hesitant look. "I can't tell if you're just being nice, or if you have some evil plan going on here."

"I can open it for you, if you don't trust me." She positions her hands to open it herself, giving him a warning look. "I swear, it's safe."

"You're weird," she informs him, but unscrews the cap anyways. Fizz doesn't spill out over the top, and Y/N takes a still-cautious sip. "Alright, I guess you aren't evil."

Percy smiles widely, and it takes him a second to get it down from 100-watt to something more calm. "Yeah, I'm not."

Before he can think of something even more lame to say, the bell rings. Y/N tips her Coke at him in one last thanks before she brushes past him, squeezing his arm as she goes. Percy, like he's in a movie and he's just been kissed by his crush of 10 years, reaches up and cradles his arm where she touched him.

"Your arm hurting you, man?" Jason says, passing by Percy on his way to gym. Percy's always felt bad for Jason, having to work out his first class of the day. "I can get my mom, if you need her."

"I'm fine," Percy says quickly, dropping his hand. He doesn't need a nurse, not unless the particular nurse can cure him of his crush on Y/N that's apparently back at full force. "Tell her I say hi, though."

Jason nods, bidding him goodbye, and carries on towards the gym. Percy looks in the direction Y/N headed off in, like she'll be coming back, for whatever reason.

She isn't, and Percy's an idiot. He groans under his breath and goes to class.