Ready To Go?

I thought about updating yesterday but then I had horseback riding and when I can home it was like nine o’clock so I had a bath and went to bed. Anyway I handwrote half of this chapter during math class today cuz we were just taking up something that was really easy and I didn’t care about. But now I have to finish it and type out all the stuff I wrote, I don’t actually know how long this chapter is going to be because I’m really tired, I was going to do it tomorrow but I’m going to help with something all day so I’ll have a bunch of homework to do tomorrow. I’m sure nobody really cares very much and half of you probably skipped over this and I really don’t mind cuz it was sort of irrelevant, I’m going to stop talking about my life now and go back to Lou and Tay. One more thing, I don’t know if I ever mentioned it so if I didn’t just btw right now, like before she moves Tay lives in New York. VOTE and COMMENT

Tay POV

The rest of the week progresses in the same way, Morgan trying to wreck my life and me ignoring it and hanging out with Connor all the time. My parents find a family to buy the house and book a flight for Tuesday at1 pm, not to my rejoice, I mean it will waste the whole day.

I decide not to go to school on Monday or Tuesday just so I can finish all my packing and cleaning the house of traces that we lived there, so I don’t get to see Connor the day I leave or the day before. I hang out with him on Sunday and we say our goodbyes.

I must say since I got closer to Connor I’ve been getting a little sad about leaving, I know it’s best for my dad and probably for me too since I only have one friend, but I’m going to miss him a lot, I really hope we’re true to our promise and keep talking over e-mail and Skype.

“TAYLOR! We’re leaving in fifteen minutes.” I hear my mom yell at me from downstairs.

I don’t know what she’s talking about because it’s only ten o’clock, I just woke up, why would we be leaving now, the flight isn’t until one and it only takes a half hour to get to the airport.

“What are you talking about? It’s onlyten o’clock, the flight’s at one!” I yell back expressing my confusion.

“I swear you’ve been on a plane before! But you obviously don’t remember it so I guess I will explain, there are lines in the airport they can take hours to get though, so it is said that you should get to the airport at least two hours before your flight.” She explains, well, that makes me feel pretty dumb.

“Oh yeah, sorry I had a blond moment there for a second, I’ll be downstairs soon.” I reply, joking about the blond thing since I’m a red head.

I was planning on taking a shower before leaving but obviously that’s not an option, and I guess it won’t really do much since airplanes are apparently the most hugely germ infested places, ewe!

So I tie my hair into a messy bun on top of my head and take one last look around my room, checking to see if I forgot to pick up anything. After looking in all the dressers I’m leaving and in my closet and anywhere else I might have left things, I conclude that I have everything.

I pick up my iPod and iPhone and my ear buds, which I plan to use to listen to music on for most of the three hour flight. Well that and sleep, I mean what else is there to do on a plane?

I glance again at my now bare room trying to preserve it in my memory, I’m not exactly a sentimental person, but leaving the house you grew up in, so that you can move to a different state, is a little difficult to process sometimes.

My parents are waiting for me downstairs and give me; I don’t even know what kind of look I would call it, almost wary I think.

“Ready to go hun?” my mom asks, “I’m sure it’s hard for you, leaving the place you’ve known all you’re life.” She adds looking concerned as if she thinks I’m going to decide right at this moment that I don’t want to leave, that explains the wary looks.

“Yeah I’m ready, and don’t worry change it good.” I tell her cheerfully, grabbing my suitcase and bringing it out to the car we hired to take us to the airport.

The good thing about living inNew Yorkis that we never had to worry about owning/paying for a car, since there’s subways and taxis that will take you anywhere you feel like going for a lot cheaper than gas. And now we don’t have to worry about selling a car or finding a way to get it toSan Francisco.

The driver guy (who is weirdly checking me out in my yoga pants) helps me lift my suitcases full of mostly clothes, into the back of his car.

He helps my parents in the same way (minus the pedophiliac stares) while I sit in the back seat of the car with the music already turned up loud.

The driver makes small talk with my parents on the drive to the airport as he weaves through the busy streets. Eventually he can see that a traffic jam is staring to build ahead of us in our path.

“I know another way to get there, it’s a little father out of the city, and I’ll just drive you folks that way so that we can dodge all of this traffic.” He informs us just as my music fades out allowing me to hear him.

My parents nod, I guess agreeing that it’s probably a good idea to stay away from this traffic jam. I watch the nearly empty streets, not paying much attention to where we are since I hardly ever go out of the city, except for when I’m- I stop the thought not wanting to think of sad things.

My senses get turned on when we turn onto a street that seems eerily familiar, but I can’t figure out why.

That is until I do, I just hope my parents don’t figure it out.

As expected this is really short, so sorry, I actually had so much planned for this chapter but whatever, I’ll probably post another one tomorrow with all that stuff happened since my dad and I just spent two hours doing my math homework, it was crazy hard!

I don’t know if the end of this chapter would be considered a cliff hanger, I think it sort of is but maybe that’s just because I know what it’s leading up to. Anyway I was wondering how people found my story so if you want to just leave a comment and tell me how you found it.

This has been two completely pointless author’s notes and I’m so sorry about that, if you’ve actually read both than thank you!!!! I’m going to try to make them shorter. So VOTE and COMMENT I’ll try to update tomorrow with a longer chapter. this is also unedited sorry!!

Logan xx