Family Vacationing

So the stupid hotel we stayed in last night said that we had to check out by 11 am which is plain stupid cuz the next hockey game doesn't start till like 3 pm so now I hate to sit at a hockey arena for two hours waiting for the game to start so what better way to spend this time then writing another chapter :) I've been updating a lot lately and I hope everyone is liking the chapters. Anyway here's the next one....

****************

Tay POV

"Well New York, the lads I'm staying with are getting pretty drunk, so I should make sure they don't do anything stupid, want to meet me back here again tomorrow?" The guy I'm referring to as Doncaster asks me hopefully, it reminds me of that Louis guy from the airport, but this time I don't know if I'm going to reply in the same way.

"Sure Donny see you 1 am sharp don't be late, and remember no murdering!" I agrees standing up and laughing a little at my own joke.

"I'll try to control myself." I hear him calling after me as I walk away, he's laughing too, I knew I was funny, Morgan must not have any sense of humour.

I raise my hand above my head and give him a little wave, but I doubt he can see it considering it's so dark, it's really weird in New York, even if it was the middle of the night everything was lit bright as day and here there's hardly any light, and I can hardly see my hand in front of my face, I didn't even get to see Donny's face.

I'm actually surprised he turned out to be as nice as he was, I literally expected the worst when I heard him start talking from behind me, in New York, if a random guy comes to talk to you in the middle of the night you're as good as dead, obviously this place is a lot different.

After walking for a minute or two I get back the house I'm staying in, I open the door slowly being as quiet as possible, once I'm in I go check in my parents room, they are still both fast asleep. Lucky for me, I have a feeling that if they'd been awake I might get in some trouble for being out so late.

I pick up my iPhone when I get back my designated 'room' a.k.a the living room and a pullout couch, great accommodations I've got here...

It's 3:15 am I was out on the beach longer than I realized, I don't have any messages, probably because any normal person would be asleep at this time, and on that thought I should probably be getting to sleep too, I plug my phone into the charger mad then get back under the blankets of the pull-out couch.

I ignore the springs that are pressing into my back and let my mind wander to wherever topic it wants to and I fall asleep thinking about the boy who I met at the beach, wondering if he'll actually show up tomorrow night, if he doesn't I won't be surprised it wouldn't be the first time I was stood up, no matter what Doncaster says, Morgan's right, nobody wants to date a carrot.

I wake up he next morning to the sunshine shining through the windows and silence, it feels weird, as I'm used to waking up everyday to blaring horns and people shouting. Mom is already in the tiny kitchen making breakfast for the rest of us and my Dad isn't anywhere in my line of vision, meaning he's either asleep or working in the bedroom even though he doesn't technically start work for another couple weeks, he's a bit of a workaholic.

"Morning Mom." I call to her from the couch.

"Morning Tay, fix the couch and then come eat breakfast I'm making eggs and bacon your Dad's out right now getting some groceries." She replies.

I nod and then drag myself out of bed, it's 10:30, ahh, it feels nice to sleep in. I check my phone for messages, I have one from Connor.

'Ahaha, don't I know it! Another day of school, hooray -_-'

I laugh at the message and then reply telling him to make some friends with a tongue out face at the end. Actually that reminds me I'm going to have to ask Mom when I'm startling school.

After the check mark appears beside the message I set the phone back on the side table and then start to re-assemble the couch.

I pull off the pillows and throw them on the ground, I'll put them in some closet once I'm finished, then I fix the sheets so that they are laying flatly and neatly over the mattress, I fold the mattress into the couch, replace the couch cushions and I'm done just as my Dad walks in the door with arms full of groceries.

"Yay! Food!" I cheer.

"Yes I know it's all very exciting, now go put those pillows away and then find something to wear and by then the food should be ready. Two eggs sunny side up, whole wheat toast and two pieces of bacon?" She confirms what I want.

"You know me too well Momma!" I laugh, walking to my suitcase.

I dig through it for a while until I find a pair of denim cut-off shorts and a black tank top with white flower patterns on it. I don't bother with full makeup, and just put on a little bit of mascara and some chap stick since my lips are feeling dry.

It's a beautiful day outside and I'll probably end up spending the day by the ocean relaxing so I don't think I should straighten my hair, I pull it into another messy bun and then leave the bathroom in search of the food being cooked for me.

Just as I walk into the kitchen my toast pops out of the toaster, perfect timing. My Mom hands me my plate of food and I immediately start gobbling it down, filling my empty stomach.

Most of the girls I knew back in NYC never ate breakfast, actually most of them hardly ate at all, claiming they would get fat, as for me, I enjoy breakfast. I have to admit I usually skip lunch a couple times a week, but really I don't see the point in starving yourself, because eventually your metabolism will go way down and when you start eating like a normal human being you'll gain a lot of weight.

So I choose to eat, at least most of the time, a couple of missed meals won't kill me, Morgan always thought that was weird, I swear whenever I ate with her she never ate more than a couple bites, I never saw the sense in it.

As I eat I decide I should question my parents about the whole school situation.

"So what am I going to do for school?"

"Well, there's a high school right across from the building that your Dad is going to be working in, we're thinking that you can go there and then he can drive you to school on his way to work and then pick you up after too." Mom explains.

"Okay sounds good, when do I start?"

"Since right now is our 'Vacation' you're not going to go in this week, but I think you should start by Monday, I don't want you missing too much work."

I nod and then go back to eating, I really hope this school is better than my old one, in New York I hardly had any friends, even though I was close with Morgan, who is pretty popular, none of the other popular kids had liked me, in the end I only really ever had Connor.

Once I'm done eating I wash up my plate since there isn't a dishwasher here and then go to find something to wear to the beach.

I have so many suitcases and clothes I can hardly figure out where everything is, I guess I should probably unpack, seems like my trip to e beach will have to be a little delayed. There's a dresser in the living area which the tv sits on so I guess that's where I'll be putting all the clothes I decide to unpack.

I only unpack my summer clothes since it would be pretty pointless to fill up drawers with sweaters and track pants that I'm probably not going to need. It takes me about half an hour to get everything organized and unpacked, and now I can finally go to the beach.

I grab a dark blue bikini that covers a little more skin than the one from yesterday. I take a towel out of the bathroom too in case I choose to go in the water for a while.

I call out good bye to my parents, letting them know that I'm going out to the beach for a while.

And now off to the beach.

Ewwwe boring filler chapter sorry guys, the next two will be better I promise, I just wanted to clarify how Tay felt about meeting 'Doncaster' and stuff about school, anyway there's still hockey to deal with, so I might have another chapter up today but no promises. Vote and Comment!!!!

Logan xx