Yes or No

Merry merry Christmas to all (: or if you celebrate a different holiday than happy (insert holiday here) anyway I hope you like this chapter!

Tay POV

“Taylor.” Louis says stepping closer to her.

“Yes Louis?”

“I really like you. Seriously.” His bright eyes look into mine, piercingly, and I start to believe he’s truly serious, now our foreheads are nearly touching and I have to fight to keep my breathing normal.

I nod not speaking, unable to conceive the power if speech after his words.

“Taylor, I know I hardly know you, but I’d be really happy if you would even consider going out with me.”

“Well, umm…thank you, I mean I’m flattered. Uhh, I don’t know what to say.” I stutter uncertainly.

Louis’ face suddenly turns crestfallen, I can see he’s trying to keep his face neutral, but his eyes give him away. He takes a step back before replying.

“Look, Taylor if you don’t…feel the same way just tell me and I’ll leave you alone, I promise.”

I stay silent for a moment, thinking about what he’d said. I really don’t know what to say. In the movies nobody ever had this much trouble deciding whether to say yes or no to a guy.

Why can’t my life be more like the movies?

“I don’t want for you to leave me alone. I –” But before I can finish I’m interrupted by a certain Irish lad.

“Trying to keep her all to yourself, are you mate?” he comments jokingly.

“Kind of the point.” Louis mutters, and I’m pretty sure he doesn’t mean for anyone to hear, but I do and I blush a little at the words.

 Nobody else hears though, or if they do they don’t let on. The other boys had come in soon after Niall and are now taking in the scene of Louis and I alone in the kitchen.

“Lou, I saw what you did on my phone.” Harry says offhandedly, shooting a pointed look at Louis.

I glance at Louis from the corner of my eye and I see he’s smirking a little and has a pink tint to his cheeks.

I send a questioning look to Niall but he just shrugs his shoulders, obviously he’s not in on the joke either.

Turning to Harry instead, I raise an eyebrow, silently asking what he’s talking about. He laughs at my expression, showing off the dimples that I hadn’t noticed before. It was cute, gave him a bit of a childlike look.

Later” he mouths and I nod, the exchange is left unnoticed by the others in the room.

When I turn I find myself subconsciously searching for Louis’ face. Mentally chiding myself about it, I’m about to turn away and talk to one of the other boys when I see Louis talking quietly to Liam.

I can’t hear Louis but I make out a few fragments of sentences that Liam says.

“Sorry mate – leave – Tay – you. Are – sure – want this – about El? Good – you, - glad – coming here. – talk to – sure? If – you want. Okay – luck – you.”

Of course Louis had been talking during this too, but he had, had the good sense to speak in a much quieter manner. Though it might have been nice to have understood more of that conversation.

The room is silent for a moment, before Harry breaks the silence asking what we all want to do. All of the boys say that they want to head to the beach and I stay quiet for a moment wanting to stay back and talk to Liam for a bit but not wanting to ruin his and the rest of the boys’ fun.