The Threat of Jealousy

Heey, hope everyone likes the chapter!! everyone who guessed Eleanor was right...it was pretty obvious haha, anyway enjoy!

Louis POV

“Eleanor?” I say quietly, more to myself than the person in front of me, but obviously she hears me because her head whips around in search of the source of the voice that said her name.

“Oh my go Louis! Hi! I didn't expect to see you here!” She exclaims, visibly very surprised.

“Same here.” I tell her a little too stunned to say much else.

“I didn't think anyone really knew about this place, Dani told me about it; said it serves the best coffee and tea but hardly anyone knows it exists!” Eleanor explains.

“You're here with Dani?” I ask the question that automatically comes to mind, and look around for her. I hadn't even heard El was in San Francisco but apparently she's with Dani who I'm positive I saw just two hours ago.

“She's not here, but I was with her the other day - ” she gets cut off by the guy at the counter impatiently telling me to order. I quickly order something for Taylor and myself and then head over to the waiting counter where Eleanor is.

“Sorry about that, what were you saying?”

“Oh, just that I was with Dani the other day when she told me about this place and Liam was there, I'm just surprised he didn't tell you he saw me.” She finishes looking genuinely confused.

“I'm not sure about that either.” I comment.

“So, umm...when did you get here?” I ask after a moment, not wanting it to be awkwardly silent but feeling quite awkward myself trying to make small talk with my ex.

“I think it would be about three days ago, it's really beautiful here, I'm so glad Dani invited me!”

I have a faint feeling of annoyance at Dani for inviting Eleanor, I mean I know it's not my place to choose who she's friends with, but she knew I was going to be here too... And Liam didn't even tell me he saw El when he saw her two days ago! But I push it back and remember that I'm on a date and here to have a good time.

Suddenly I remember that Taylor's here and probably watching me have a chat with my ex, I can't believe I let her slip my mind, I'm so stupid!

Our drinks are ready and I grab them, not even thinking about Eleanor anymore.

“Louis are you okay?” she asks looking surprised my my sudden change in action, “And why do you have two drinks?”

“Sorry El, it's just, I'm here with someone and I should really get back to her.” I explain quickly, shifting my gaze to Taylor who is watching us with an expression on her face that suggests that she's not quite sure how she's feeling about my exchange and I'm really hoping she doesn't decide to be angry before I get back.

“Oh God! That must be Taylor! Danielle told me about her, apparently she's a really great girl! I'd love to meet her, but I guess this isn't exactly the time...”

“Yeah I think you'd be right.” I say trying not to be rude but I'm sure my voice is coming out tersely.

“I'm really sorry if I caused any problems, I should get going anyway, well it was nice seeing you Lou.” She gives me one last smile and wave before walking out of the cafe.

Taking a deep breath I turn towards Taylor and hope she's not too mad at me.

Tay POV

I sit at the table trying to ignore the sick feeling rising in my stomach as I watch Louis talk to his ex-girlfriends obviously not remembering the fact that he and I are supposedly on a date right now.