41. A new path?

Dedicated to vasusetia Happy Birthday Bhai! This chapter is for you! One of those who are helping me walk the path of life today.
....

"Not all storms come to disrupt your life; some come to clear your path."

-Anonymous

_______________
17th October
Sampurnaa's pov:

The court hearing is scheduled to be at 10 a.m. today. I woke up at 6 and have been on the move since then.
My parents, Dada and Boudi got back yesterday. They had extended their holiday because they had to invite our relatives for my marriage and obviously shop for the requisite things.
Maa wanted to show me my wedding saree, but I asked her to keep it hidden. I'll see it directly on my wedding day.

Boudi was back with an entire suitcase filled with new sarees! She is attending the wedding from her brother's side for the first two days and from our side on the next two days.
I am supposed to leave the house at 8, so I can reach the court on time. The string operations have already started being conducted.
The new joinees and interns have been disguised and enrolled into a few colleges. So far, things seem to be okay at the colleges. We are going to begin surveying the pharmacies today.
...

It was 7.45 when I was reading the newspaper while sipping my morning coffee. Maa walked into the dining room and I wished her 'good morning'.
She smiled and replied.
We both sat down after that.

"Did you apply for leaves?"
I nodded in affirmation.
"I will be granted only 2 PLs. As for the other two; I will have to work on my off-days for two weeks, so I can get compensatory leaves."

"When's your off this week?"
"I don't have an off this week. I will take my off next week. Make it 25th i.e., Dhanteras."

My mother instantly brightened up.
"Perfect!" she exclaimed brightly.
"We'll go jewellery shopping then." She announced

"I don't want any new jewellery ma!" I whined.
"You do need new jewellery, Shona. It is your wedding!"

I agreed half-heartedly.

'Gold prices are soaring up every moment as we speak... Will it not be too much?' I thought to myself.

Maa looked at me and I knew from her expression, that she was well aware of my thoughts.
She sighed.
"We have been saving up for your wedding jewellery since your father's retirement. We both have a fixed deposit in the bank for that purpose."

Indian parents and their elaborate future plans!
I shook my head at what she had to say. My watch displayed the time as 7.55.
I got up quickly and bid maa farewell.
The day ahead was going to be long.

....

I reached the court at 9.55! There was a political rally going on, owing to the upcoming assembly elections in Maharashtra! The roads were jam-packed. Since I had work till late tonight, I had got my scooty for easy mobility.
I entered the court in a haste. Sridha looked at me like I had landed from Mars. She looked at her watch and then looked at me. I quickly apologised and then took my seat.

Zakir smiled at me, mouthing a 'good morning' while Indrayan was engrossed in some pictures that he was going through.
There was no time to go and disturb him... So I stayed put in my seat.

The bailiff soon announced the justice's entry and all of us rose.
The trial began upon his green signal and Indrayan requested to call Anya to the witness box again.
...

Anya seemed to have regained her attitude and composure. She stood tall in the witness box with confidence dripping through her body language.
What has got into her now?