19. Oppressed ✔

"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; the truth isn't. "

-Mark Twain

______

Sampurnaa's pov :

I couldn't digest all that Zeenat revealed to me. Even the darkest of secrets would perhaps yield more light than the kind of life she had to live.
Married at 10, injected steroids, raped by 11, pregnant at 13, and a prostitute at 14. Mr. Victor Sequira could be the owner and CEO of Sourire but he is a criminal all the same.
Zeenat's story had been recorded on my device. I hope I can help her later when I get out of this hell hole.

But then there were things of greater importance and concern. The police's decoy had been exposed. There was no assurance that the initial plan would work out. Moreover, I myself am trapped in a compromising situation. Some men had paid to be with me on the way to the room I had been kept hostage in. I couldn't even escape.
I had no means of communicating with anyone.
I was drowned in my own thoughts when the door opened revealing a blonde man who was obviously not Indian followed by four more men: three Indians and another man who was surely not an Indian.

The reality of the situation hit me really hard as I realized how defenseless I was.
I got up and stood straight prepared to defend myself.
I was not going down without a fight! I couldn't give up before I tried.

One of the Indian men was approaching me. I stood straight and held a hand in front asking him to back away. He did not pay heed to it and continued coming towards me. One of the other men locked the door while the other three stood close behind the first man.
The man tried to reach me but I pushed him hard. He flinched but did not fall as the impact wasn't hard enough.
Another man started nearing me. He pinned my hands behind my back before I could do anything.
He spoke in Hindi gritting his teeth, "You think you can escape? We are not going to allow you to! You are ours for the night and you shall give in to all our needs and desires."

I shook my head furiously as a response to his cheap words and demand. He pushed me towards one of the non-Indians.

The blonde man caged my hands in his own to restrain me. He tried to touch my face and hair but I kneed him in defense.

He fell clutching his stomach where my knee had made contact.

Before he had a chance to get up, I decided to make a run for it. I ran towards the door which had been locked, but one of those men caught me again. This time he twisted my arm so I could do nothing in pain. I screamed aloud before a handkerchief was stuffed into my mouth. I was about to use my legs for defending myself when one of the men lifted my feet in the air.

They were carrying me towards the bed!

Tears were flowing down my cheeks involuntarily now as I felt truly helpless and defenseless. I could have done something better to restrain anyone who tried to violate me had there been fewer people... But 5 men versus me?

I wriggled and struggled to make things difficult for those imbeciles.

But it did not affect them!

I was thrown on the bed and someone pushed me to a lying position. One of the men caught hold of my arms and another pinned my legs to the bed. I couldn't scream out! My mouth was shut forcefully.

One of the men came up on top of me and tried to pull down the zip of my gown. I struggled as hard as I could in that oppressed state. I could do nothing more.

All my energy was gradually draining out from my body, yet I had to keep myself awake to fight against all this! To fight for my virtue and dignity! To fight against these men who were trying to force themselves on me!