"Where......where are we? What happened?!" Wen Ling spoke.

All he remembered was that after finding out about Wen Xin's intentions, he blacked out.

"We are in the underground tunnels. Last night, after I found out that the one responsible for everything was His Highness, Wen Xin, I immediately went to take the king into hiding. After I would take Her Highness, Wen Yue, and then Your Highness and Lady Ju Ning. But before I could get to Her Highness I heard your shouts and went to you first. I later left to Her Highness but before I knew it........" he felt sorrow at the end of his words.

The 3rd prince's hands formed into fists just hearing it.

"I was only able to wake you up using a drug from the Sui Kingdom I brought along." Fei Yang mentioned. "I can't awaken His Majesty since if I do, he may die as the drug is too strong. However, he should awaken within at least another four days."

Wen Ling nodded, "That's fine."

Then, the prince remembered something, "My wife, where is she?" he was worried.

Fei Yang scrunched his brows and didn't say a word as he stood aside revealing the Lady.

His eyes widened in horror.

She was pale with blankets that covered her. Not only that, in her arms she held a child, no, twins and they were fraternal.

Rushing to her, the foreign prince could only look away.

"What happened to you?!"

She was weak as her eyes looked to him then down to her belly. Not a word was said and so he pushed the blankets aside. What he saw sent chills throughout his body.

Her abdomen was bloody and her clothes torn, looking to have been made by a sharp object. Taking a closer look, he realized that there were stitches that mended her skin.

The worst hit him, "No...no...NO!" he fell to his knees. "That bastard! How could he do this to you..." his voice broke.

Ju Ning watched with sorrow-filled eyes as tears slipped. Slowly, her hand came over his cheek that was now wet, "Wen Ling.....I'm alright...all of us are." her voice weak.

Her children, although alive, were ripped out into the world earlier than planned. The Lady was only sleeping peacefully in her chambers of the High Peak Palace when suddenly she was overtaken by Prince Wen Xin.

While she was held down by other men, her abdomen was cut open where he then proceeded to rip out her unborn children. She endured the unbearable pain as she was then left to bleed to death and her twins to die from the cold without a mother's warmth.

It was truly a gift that Fei Yang found her in time. Having learned the art of the human body, he was able to stitch her and save her life along with the children, a prince and a princess.

Even if it was hard, Wen Ling pulled himself together. It was trauma knowing that your children weren't born, but ripped out. 

"What is it that we should do next?" Wen Ling asked with reddened eyes.

"Your Highness must look for General Ju along with the other army Commanders. If it's you, they'll surely follow you. After all, you are now the Crown Prince." he reveals.

"What?" he couldn't quite process that last bit.

The king had told Fei Yang before. The two were talking when the king brought up whom the heir to the throne shall be.

It was Wen Ling.

"We can't waste time! I'll search for Her Highness, Wen Yue." leaving the task of finding her to himself.

"What about my wife and father? They'll be defenseless." the now Crown Prince spoke believing they didn't have no one.

"It's alright," the foreign prince spoke as a man emerged from the shadows. "I've also come with my own group from my kingdom." he reveals. 

"Please take care of them." Fei Yang spoke.

"Of course, Your Highness." he was one of the few within the Jin prince's personal group.

Huang, was his name.

Before they would leave, Wen Ling came to his wife once more taking her hand into his, "I'll be back I promise."

Her eyes looked at him dearly, "I love you."

That was the first time she ever spoke such words. He who was so open about his feelings, has finally received the love of his wife who's never been brave enough to do so.

His eyes watered, "I love you more you can ever imagine." his grip on her hand tightened as he then placed a kiss on them.

Letting go, he looked back muttering those words once more.

"I love you so much."

As they rushed to find their last hope, Fei Yang couldn't help but to only think of her. His chest beat profusely, gravely worried for her.

"Wen Yue, please wait for me."

Elsewhere, in a hidden room laid Wen Yue. It was last night that she was getting ready for bed when all of a sudden, she fell to the floor. Her eyes fluttered seeing a blurry figure till she no longer did.

Then, movements came.

Slowly her eyes opened. The only thing she could see was a closed room with little light. However, there was enough to see everything in this space.

The windows were shut with curtains down to shield against the sun rays from sweeping in. Looking about, she tried to move but realized she couldn't.

Wen Yue was tied to the bed frame of the mattress she laid on. Her eyes opened and closed a couple of times, not quite believing what she was experiencing.

Again, she pulled and it was then she felt a cold sweat. Her eyes scanned the room looking for anything that could possibly help her get out.

Although inside she was panicking, she kept her composure. Crying won't get her out of this, she had to be strong.

Within the Hidden Palace, sat a joyful prince. He hummed a melody all to familiar to him as he sharpened his blade. It was a song he heard from often being near the Gem Palace as she put the song together piece by piece.

Gently, he placed down his sword and readied his attire for the day.

Once he was done, he left to the outside. With a wide smile, he breathed in the fresh air. All that could be heard, were horrid screams of servants, guards, and even court officials.

"What a beautiful morning." is all that he could say.
.
.
.