1. Sad Angel

KNOCK. KNOCK. KNOCK.

.

.

.

KNOCK. KNOCK. KNOCK.

"Elsa dear ... I think it's time for you to go outside," Mother said, I could only hear her just faintly through the thick doors and my whole body being covered by the unwashed bed sheets. It was enough to wake me to full consciousness.

I ran my fingers on the corners of my sheets, my tears that soaked the fabric has dried.

Oh, it's the next day.

This was the humdrum of my deep sadness for a year. I couldn't grasp the time spent in my room, was it Monday, Thursday or perhaps a Saturday?

I had no prospects outside my obligation of being an Angel slave. I never did well in the educational system, so the choice of pursuing further education ... such as being an academic or fill the shoes of my high-ranking politician father.

I didn't like going outside. I haven't gone outside since I was dragged back to this place. The aching of limbs and my lethargy wouldn't allow me to savour the taste of heaven. Perhaps, I wanted to revel in the darkness and forget the reality I am being held up the clouds of Heaven. I held up my hand and examined the glow of my aura, it wasn't there, but if I squinted my eyes I could see a thin outline of black.

As the days passed, my mental state would deteriorate and the reasons of me being distraught faded. My thoughts converge and created blur in my divine, and I'd be sad. Not for any particular reason, but, I'd just be sad.

The type of sick melancholy, the sadness where you're stuck in an abyss that you haven't tasted any other emotion in a while that you love it in this darkness. I wanted to be MORE sad, MORE miserable because it was easier that way, an addiction of sorts, because it de-spiritised me.

It felt good to have nothing to live for.

Anna came by to my door all the time. Despite me not having an answer. "Elsa," she calls me. "How are you? Uh- well, I'm going to get married ... I was hoping you'd come. Please ...?"

Of course, nothing else would pleasure me. But nothing else would hurt me, seeing two people unify. Seeing two people carry out this stupid fantasy that replayed in my head when I was below. Those two potential emotions that arose, it was the perfect answer.

I'd go.

"... Okay." I mumbled. She didn't hear me though.

Once the maids communicated to my mother that I'd go to the wedding, my mother was overjoyed. She collected an array of gowns, giving me an option of what to wear. My mother would barge into my room and had her maids fix me up, wash my hair, clean my skin- with some witch's potion ... and revert me back to a healthy appearance.

"Hans said he'd love to meet up before the wedding!" Mother squealed, as she caressed my newly scraped skin. "Do you accept?"

Now she's just pushing it.

"Is Hans going to be my escort?"

"Who else will?"

"... I thought I'd be going alone."

"He's your fiance silly, even though you've been neglecting him for the past year ..."

Oh yeah. He is.

"Ever since you've come back, all you've been doing is moping in your room. Might as well meet up with Hans, do you understand that you've dragging him through your circumstances?" she said. "You're lucky a fine man like him sticks around. Unlike that Demon Prince, he is anything but a gentleman. The only respectable thing he did was finally agree for you to come back."

... When I heard her refer to him, I sunk back to that state. The state where my legs broke down and I slumped over to him, like a beggar as he remorselessly looked on as I was taken away to Heaven. I felt my heart beat. Not a flutter. I was reminded I had a heart, but that heart was blue and tired ... it exerted it's sparse energy to pump an erratic sorrow of different degrees- all being felt physically and worse, spiritually.

"So what do you say Elsa?"

"When is this date ...?"