Chapter One

In cabin seven was a seventeen-year-old boy seated on a cot playing with a ballpoint pen subconsciously in his right hand. His raven windswept hair was messier than his usual unruly raven locks. He watched the cabin door with murky sea-green eyes, bags evident just below them. His complexion was a sickly pale, nothing like his Mediterranean complexion before the Second Giant War. An old faded orange shirt was folded beside him on the cot, leaving him shirtless. His protruding rib cage and thin figure due to starvation were revealed. Ugly jagged scars all different sizes littered his body like abstract art.

     He slipped the ballpoint pen into the pocket of his blue jeans and continued watching the door. After about ten seconds of watching the door, the raven-haired boy became restless. He stood up with a stretch of his arms upward, making his ribs stick out more. He sat down on the cot tiredly again as he ran a hand down his face. His legs started to jump in a hasty motion, producing a rapid rhythm.

     "Stupid ADHD.", he muttered.

     Suddenly, the cabin door opened to reveal a boy about fifteen years old. His shaggy blond hair shined in the daylight like highlights while his plain orange shirt and casual blue shorts outlined his athletic surfer figure. He folded his arms on his chest and looked at the raven-haired boy before him in disappointment and concern.

     "Hey, Will.", the raven-haired boy greeted the blond while chuckling weakly.

     "Percy,", Will greeted back before shaking his head in disapproval. "Look at yourself. You need to take care of yourself more."

     "I-", Percy paused for a bit as he rubbed the back of his neck. "I'm trying." He cursed under his breath in ancient Greek for his voice wavering.

     "You are going to eat in front of me every day, all three meals until you are well enough.", Will stated in finality.

     "But I-", Will cut Percy off.

     "Doctor's orders.", Will tapped his foot on the floor as he gave Percy a daring look.

     After a moment of hesitation, Percy finally nodded. "Fine."

     Will unfolded his arms and let a sigh escape his lips. "Nico is worried about you...", Will spoke softly as he took a seat on one of the bunk beds close to Percy, not looking at him. "Everyone is worried about you actually."

     "They don't need to be.", Percy stood up and grabbed his shirt from beside him. "I'm fine."

     "Really now?", Will rose an eyebrow at him, observing his weak body. "Do you tell yourself that when you look in the mirror?"

     Silence filled the air for a moment until Percy answered. "No...", he slipped his orange shirt on and pulled it down, revealing how thin he actually was by the shirt hanging loosely on his figure. 'Camp Half-Blood' was written on the front of the shirt in black, just above a picture of a pegasus.

     Will looked Percy up and down then sighed once more. "I'm pretty sure old clothes are supposed to become smaller, not bigger."

     "How can you tell this is my old shirt?", Percy raised both his eyebrows questioningly.

     Will facepalmed then stood up. "Never mind. Now, out! I have injured demigods to heal." Will shooed Percy out by waving his hand. The motion resulted in the raven-haired demigod to walk toward the door with Will following closely behind. "Nico and I will join you at the Poseidon table at dinner to make sure you eat."

     Percy stumbled out of the cabin and looked at Will anxiously. "But you guys don't-"

     Will held up a hand in front of Percy in a stop motion, cutting the older off. "We will do it because we want to. You can protest all you want, but we'll do it anyway.", Will placed a comforting hand on Percy's shoulder. "Percy, we're here for you. We'll always be here when you need us. I'm sure everyone is willing to help you, even if it's just a talk. So please, stop letting the war drag you down. Do something that you like, anything."