Old Friend?

The second Test match in 3 match home series with SA in Pune... India has already dominating the series with 1-0. india made a good score of 601 thanks to Virat's 245*, Mayank's 108 and Jaddu's 91 ....Indian fast blowers once again proved why are best by taking them down for 275 and 71/4 in follow on. Caption Kohli was more than happy with the way his team is performing and his face is giving away his happiness.

In the middle of the game, Virat was Feilding in 1st slip and his best friend in 2nd-second slip.

"Ro let's go out tomorrow" come Virat's voice making Rohit turn towards him. 

"no...im tired... I have to sleep" Rohit said lazily.

 "abhi nai jana hai..sleep all u want today... we will go tomorrow," Virat said while glaring at Rohit.

 "no..tommorow I will get headache so.. I can't come" Rohit said smiling sweetly at Virat only to get a disgusted look from Virat.

Virat cursed himself for even asking Rohit. Before Virat could lash out at Rohit for being so lazy they saw Ashwin ready to bowl and brought back their complete concentration back to cricket.

Match ended as expected with Virat getting man of the match. They all settled in bus to go back to hotel. Rohit and Virat were sitting together as always. 

"I'm going to sleep, I'm tired" Rohit said as soon as he settled in his seat. "When are you not tired?" Virat asked in disgust.

 "We were playing for 4 days" Rohit mumbled before his eyes not even giving a glance to Virat. Virat signed as took his headphone. He knows better than to nag his best friend more as it would only result in a fight and rohit would anyway sleep after that.

After 15 minutes or so Virat found Rohit's phone ringing in the seat pocket.

 "Ro... Ur phone" he said shaking rohit slightly. 

"Let it be" rohit grumbled with his eyes closed.

"It could be an important call, idiot" said Virat as he took the phone to see who it was. 

"Koi Vishal ki call hai... Should I just message him that you are busy." Virat asked.

 "Umm... Just lift the call and put it on speaker." Rohit said lazyly with his eyes still closed.

"Rohit.." virat growled as his face was becoming red with anger.

"Virattt...pls na yaar..." in responded irritating virat even more.

That day for some unknown reason virat couldn't make himself to empty the entire water bottle on Rohit's head...so abusing the whole world under his breath he put the phone on speaker.

"Hello, Rohit"  Vishal's voice came from the phone.

"Bol.. kya hai... see I'm sleeping.. so cut it short." Rohit said rudely without any pleasantries.

"Achaa..I just wanted to say I came to India... Obusially ur sleep is more important Rohit, you sleep." the sarcasm was clear in his voice.

"You are I'm India.... oh my god... you are not lying right." Rohit exclaimed delightedly as he snatched phone from Virat's hand.

"Of course not sleepyhead. I'm here in India and  my idiot best friend is sleeping without being with me." Vishal taunted.

This part of the conversation caught Virat's attention.  How dare he call Rohit sleepyhead and idiot? No outsiders are allowed to call his that. But what bothered Virat more was Rohit is not even offended. Wait... Did he just say Best friend? Virat started listening to their conversation with full concentration now.

"Are.. Yaar..  where are you? Are you in Mumbai? You should go home Vishal. Mumma would be so happy to see you after so long. and you know sam loves you. argg.. I wish even I was in Mumbai."Rohit chanted excitedly as he was almost jumping on the seat.

"But I'm her favourite chachu and I'm glad that you are not in Mumbai" Virat screamed in his mind. Virat decided that he didn't like this 'clingy' 'overfriendly' Vishal.

"Are..are..stop...i'm in Pune." Vishal laughed.

"WHAT..." Rohit shouted in delight.

"Rohit.. we are in bus.." Virat snapped boiling in anger but Rohit ignored him completely.

"So... Sharmaji... When will I get your appointment?" Vishal asked.

"Not so funny... We will meet for dinner." Rohit proposed with joy.

"Wasn't he tired?" Virat mind questioned.

Soon they decided that will meet at XYZ hotel by 7 before they end the call.

"So, you are going out now?" Virat asked maintaining blank look. 

"ya..Oh... Ya...For dinner" Rohit replied little surprised as he didn't realise virat was listen to there conversation.

"Why don't you join us Virat?" Rohit asked after 10 seconds.

Virat was about to refuse when he felt Rohit was asking for the sake of asking. 

"ok..I will come." Virat agreed on impulse.

"That's great...We will go together then. I will introduce you to Vishal also." Rohit replied grinning happily. 

Rohit looked so happy that Virat cursed himself for even doubting Ro. He decided to keep his irrational dislike in the bay as he may end up hurting Rohit with no reason at all.

"Who is this Vishal btw?" Virat asked normally.

"Vishal is my childhood friend. We used to be inseparable in childhood. He was 1st in class and me.. 1st from last." Rohit smiled cheekily making virat smile too.

"So.. ya.. almost every teacher would say him to be away from me. But never listened, always stick with me. He used to do both our Homeworks when I have matches. He used to prepare for exams and write chits for me. We always got punished together... or maybe that idiot got more punished then me for being with me." Rohit continued. " But Virat at that point of time, if I didn't have a friend like him. I don't think I would have been this confident now. He always trusted me when no one else did. Now,  that idiot is a software engineer and stays in NewYork."

By the time Rohit finished Virat had to force a smile on his face. Thought that 'Vishal was in Rohit's life from much before then he entered.' somehow mad him little sad.

"You will love Vishal too, once you meet him." Rohit said as the bus entered their hotel.

"Let's see. I will be ready by 7. Don't be late." Virat said as they got down and walked into the hotel.

hey...Here goes my first Rohirat Fic. I'm expected a lot of comments and reviews.

Tell me what do you think of jealous virat. Vishal is not a grey character but you can hate him if you want😉

Again struck with title... Suggest something please.

Neha@bleedblue2011 I hope this makes your mood little better.

~ siri🖤