X

"I can give you a guaranteed five years."

Eden tapped her fingernails along the table, staring down the nervous mortal in front of her. He was a sweaty mess, attempting to bargain, but didn't know where to begin.

"Only five?" He asked quietly.

"Five years of blissful riches to do whatever you want with, and leave your family the rest when you die." She promised, staring him down with red eyes. "That's what you want, right? A few peaceful years, no stress over money..."

He gnawed on the inside of his cheek. "Yeah b-but five is so soon," the trick was always to lowball at first. "Could you do 15, maybe?"

Eden bit down on her bottom lip and looked around the rowdy bar.

"Between you and me, I can do eight and put you on the bottom of the list for collection, so you'll end up with a few extra months," she whispered. She could give him a lot more than that if she needed to. "Do we have a deal?"

The mortal was shaking as Eden held out a hand, wondering if selling his soul was worth it. It would solve his biggest issue, and he'd have years worry free.

But he'd have to go to Hell after, and that wasn't a decision someone could make lightly. But the man thought about his teenaged kids, and how much their family had been struggling with money.

He shook her hand with a nod.

"It was great doing business with you," Eden grinned. "In two days you'll receive your bank account information, all legal. And I will see you in eight years... give or take."

The man watched as she disappeared, a feeling of relief and terror mixing in his gut.

Eden found herself meeting with another mortal afterward, someone else looking for a deal. This time, it was a young girl. Late-teens, maybe, not much younger than Eden herself.

"I want fame, to be loved, and to get away from my parents."

She spoke before Eden could even ask anything. The girl didn't seem nervous at all, and she knew exactly what she wanted.

"What kind of fame?" Eden asked with narrowed eyes. "And what's the deal with your parents?"

Her eyes darted away as she rubbed her upper arm. She wouldn't talk about it, but Eden assumed it was abuse related.

"I want to be an actress."

"I think I can manage that. I'll give you ten years," Eden promised, waiting for a rebuttal.

"40," the young girl spoke, eyes cold. "I need 40 years."

Eden almost laughed. The girl was good, she'd give her that. But 40 was a long time.

"17," Eden offered, not budging much. The girl dropped down to 35. "2o or no deal," she threatened.

The girl huffed and crossed her arms. In 20 years she would be late 30's, which didn't seem too bad. But she wanted more. "I'll take 25 and a mysterious death." She bargained, playing with her hands.

Eden decided to humor the girl.

They agreed on 25 more years and went their separate ways. She gave in a little easy, but it's because she liked the girl.

There was one more meeting after, with a two college-aged guys. Eden swindled then for a measly 5 years—they were a little distracted checking her out.

She took her new contracts and brought them to Kazan, who commended her.

"You're getting people to agree to exceptionally low numbers. I'm impressed," he praised. "Keep this up,"