IV

As soon as she could, Eden rushed out of work to go home. She had many things she'd rather be doing, and first was getting ready to see Ethan.

Luckily, Daphne was gone for the night so there was no worry of her being around.

Eden got home and showered, blow dried her hair and did some makeup, and then got dressed.

She walked around the apartment, lighting some candles, playing some quiet music, just making sure everything was all set.

It'd been about a week since the first time she'd hooked up with Ethan, and she'd only seen him once since then. It was a busy week, but now she had some free time and was looking forward to seeing him.

"Eeeeethan," she called out into the empty apartment in a sing-song voice.

A few seconds later she heard his footsteps in the kitchen. "Eden, what's up?" He hummed, looking around for her. "Did you wanna go out tonight? You called earlier than I was—oh,"

He cut himself short as she waltzed around the corner, smiling at him.

She was wearing an open silk robe and some new lingerie. Yes, she went and bought new lingerie just for today because she wanted to surprise him.

Ethan didn't even have to say anything, just drew in a breath and he ported directly to her side. His hands found her hips immediately as their lips met. Eden was undoing his belt buckle to get things moving.

"Fuck," he groaned against her lips as she began pumping her hand slowly.

He was trailing kisses down her neck, nibbling at the skin just a bit too rough and healing it over immediately. His teeth were sharp, but she didn't mind.

Tired of waiting, he pressed her up against the wall and removed her last thin layer of clothing, thrusting into her tantalizingly slow.

"Mm, Ethan," she whined, held tilted back as he picked up the pace.

His fingertips were tightly gripping her body as they moved in sync, moans drowning out the music that was playing.

Eden had one arm wrapped around him, the other tugging on his hair and encouraging him. It was rushed and rough, both of them not even considering the noise they were making or any bruises that they'd surely have afterward.

The two of them rested their heads in the crook of the others neck, catching their breath and leaving open mouthed kisses, and even some marks as they cooled down.

"That's not what I thought I was coming over here for," he chuckled breathily.

"I felt like surprising you," she winked, pulling on her bra again. "Heal these?" Eden motioned to the hickies and bruises.

He nodded, doing it in a matter of seconds as his own healed over. That was definitely a helpful trick.

Eden wandered off to the bathroom, leaving Ethan to get dressed and think about her in the meantime.

The way he felt about her was confusing. Before Eden, he didn't even really like mortals. He still didn't. But... he found himself thinking about her when he shouldn't be.

While doing work, out and about, at meetings, she'd just appear in his mind. Sometimes he'd even get a glimpse of what she was doing on accident.

If he really wanted to he could spy on her all the time that way, but knew she wouldn't appreciate it.

But he'd never done that with anyone else—not even other demons or angels.

Eden has similar experiences lately. She was thinking about Ethan way too often these. All she wanted to do was spend time with him and explore his world.