V

Eden packed her bags, making sure she wasn't forgetting anything important she would need for a few days.

She'd decided to head home for spring break after all, just a little late. It'd probably be about three or four day at home, which was better than nothing at all. But she wasn't actually leaving today, just an early packer.

Ethan popped in, whistling and grabbing her by the hand to turn her around.

He went to kiss her, but she stopped him short. His appearance was, well, a huge mess honestly.

White angel blood soaked his black shirt and was splattered onto his skin. It looked like he'd massacred an entire group of them.

"Ah, shit sorry. All better," Ethan grinned sharply, changing clothes and getting rid of the blood with a snap of his fingers. "Payed our friend Zephyr a visit for a few hours today. Forgot to change,"

Now that the large amounts of angel blood were off, Eden noticed a large cut across Ethan's forearm as well as bruised and slit knuckles.

But of course right as she did he shrugged them off and they closed in front of her eyes.

"Get anywhere with him?"

"Not really. He revealed the energy source for the cloaking spell, which is some holy artifact they're hiding upstairs. But we're only a couple days in, I'll break him." He told her, pulling their bodies flush together.

Ethan leaned down to kiss her, and she gladly kissed back. They saw each other last night, but it felt like too long ago.

He slipped one hand under her shirt, moving so he was hovering over her on the bed.

"Mm, Ethan," she giggled against his lips, but he kept kissing. "Hey, I was hoping—" he smirked and continued to shut her up, "that we could go out tonight instead."

Ethan sighed exasperatedly.

"Oh calm down, it's not like we haven't hooked up three times in the last two days or anything." Eden teased. Ethan didn't mind them not doing anything, he was just messing with her. "Anywhere in mind or should I pick?"

"Let's catch a show, there's a small concert going down tonight," of course, they wouldn't really be formally attending.

Ethan brought her in the back door and then upstairs to a secret room, filled with, well, demons. She should've expected something like this.

They could hear the music really well, but were able to just sit in a corner by themselves which was exactly what they needed.

Until some demons came to bother them.

Two black-eyed, one blue, sat down opposite of them with intrigued smiles.

The female, with blue eyes, was checking Ethan out. The other two had mischievous smiles on their unsettling features.

"Amethyst," Ethan nodded politely, instinctively placing his arm around Eden. "Zach, Jaro. What's up?" Ethan, being a red-eyed demon, obviously held some sort of power over them.

"Is this that little mortal pet you've been rumored to be sleeping with?" Amethyst giggled twirling her hair. "She's cute... for a human."

Jaro slid in directly next to Eden, teeth barred. "She'd make a great snack."

"Think we could borrow her when you're done?" Zach laughed deeply, none of them taking note of Ethan's narrowed eyes.

The three were intrigued by mortals, but Amethyst really just wanted Ethan.

"I am not his pet, and you can't borrow me." She scoffed, pushing Jaro away. They just snickered.

"You're feisty, huh?" Zach smirked. "I can picture it now—you'd be such a great chew toy in Hell. Long hours of me torturing you, hearing you scream and beg for it to be over... calling out Ethan's name as if he'd care enough to help you."