III

"Ethan!" Eden screamed into her empty apartment. "Ethan! I need you!"

Seconds later, he appeared in the mirror behind her. He looked intrigued, until he realized nothing was happening.

"Oh cool, I didn't know if that would work."

"I was kind of in the middle of something, Eden. What do you need?" He rolls his eyes and sits himself onto her bed.

"Well... what do I wear?" She asked as she rifle through her closet.

"What?"

"Tonight. For the meeting. What should I wear? I've never been to one of these before. Formal? Business casual? Or ma—"

"Sweetheart, it really does not matter. Is this all you called me for?" Ethan was a little irritated that he was interrupted in the middle of something important to help her pick an outfit. "Plus, it's not for like, six hours. You do not need that much time."

"Oh, no, but I have a class so I'll only have a few minutes to get ready after." She shrugged, pulling out a dress. "What are you wearing?"

She thought finding the right outfit was important. She'd be the only mortal there.

Plus, an outfit can say a lot about your intentions. Eden wanted to exert confidence since it wasn't a place she was supposed to be.

"Like I said, it doesn't matter. I will see you in six hours. I've got business." And without another word, he was gone.

Ultimately, she ended up waiting for Daphne's help when she got home.

Of course, Daphne asked a lot of questions, mainly about Adam and Ethan. She assumed it was a date.

"Who are you seeing?" She hummed, flipping through things.

"Ethan. We have a meeting,"

"A meeting?" Daphne snorts, pulling out a cute red top. "Oh! I have a really nice skirt you could wear with this. It'll be perfect for your 'meeting'. You can borrow it, I'll go grab it." Eden wasn't a fan of the length, but she had to admit it went nicely. "I'm sure Ethan will love it."

"It's a meeting!" Eden whined,

There was no way Daphne would believe her.

Eden decided to do her makeup before class to save time, and by then she's running late, again. She'll have to get dressed when she gets home.

She does manage to make it though, and sits herself down right next to Adam.

"Hey, Eden," he smiles. "You disappeared at the party last week."

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I ran into... an old friend. I just lost you." Ethan was, technically old. Like thousands of years old, so it wasn't a lie. She got distracted by a hot demon—it happens to the best of us.

"We're actually having another party tonight, if you wanna come," Adam, take a hint.

"I'm super sorry, I've actually got plans. Maybe next time though?"

"Yeah, next time."

He sighs a little bit, but turns to pay attention to the lecture. By now Eden has acknowledged he'd definitely been flirting with her. He was nice, but she wasn't into it.

She wouldn't say anything, but her eyes were on someone else.

After class she books it to the car to get home faster, finding Ethan already waiting in her room when she gets there.

"Did Daphne let you in?"

"Nah, she fell asleep watching a movie. But it's not like I need permission to get in." He was technically right, but it sounded creepy.