The young boy felt the bile rise up in his throat again, and let loose over the grass. After heaving for a long while, he panted loudly and glared up at Shane as he wiped his mouth again. Clyde huffed, "You are a fucking murderer."

Shane seethed, "I am not a murderer!" He turned away in frustration, running his fingers through his hair. "We did what we had to do, alright? There were too many. There were too many..." He looked back up at the teenager. "That's our story. Otis—he said that he'd cover us, 'cause there were too many walkers... and... and when we looked back, he was gone. That's it."

Clyde's face twisted with disgust at the thought of lying for Shane. He huffed, trying to find the words in his rattled brain. He hesitated for a moment before pointing his finger accusingly at Shane. "You did that! I never did anything to help you!" He shook his head. "They'll see that—back at camp. Once I tell them the truth. And they'll turn on you because... 'cause you killed him!"

Shane chuckled bitterly, "As if they'd believe you. Who do you think they'll trust? Huh?" He shrugged, "I've been with them for months. And you? You're just some random kid who they'll throw out once supplies get scarce. You and your friend." He scoffed, "It's useless, okay? Blabbing will do nothing but cause trouble." Shane stepped towards him threateningly, "And trust me, if you don't follow the plan, there'll be consequences. And not only for you."

Clyde stared, speechless as he thought about what that meant. He huffed in shock as he thought about what to say, but then closed his mouth. Shane was serious, and Clyde wouldn't risk Callum's life. That he knew.

Shane mumbled to himself before walking back to the driver's side of the car. Clyde hesitated for a moment, wanting nothing more to just run away and never face Shane or the group again, but he couldn't do that to the people he'd be leaving behind. Begrudgingly, Clyde hopped back into his seat and the truck was off again.

-

The next morning was filled with the sound of piling rocks and small conversations. The group was collecting stones and throwing them into wheelbarrows for Otis's funeral later that day. Marlee and some of the others helped do so, even if they never met the man.

Marlee stopped every once in a while, admiring the beauty of the farm that they were staying at. The sounds of birds chirping or the sun that was beaming on the horizon. She thought it was better than focusing on the negative events of last night. She remembered how Shane and Clyde arrived just in time to save Carl, but both of them were different than when they were last seen. Shane's face was hardened and stern, and he had even shaved his head. Clyde was pale and much quieter than usual, and he never dared get close to Shane, opting to glance at the man every so often with hint of fear in his cloudy eyes.

Though it seemed Marlee was the only person to pick up on their behavior, as everyone else was rightfully more concerned with Carl—whose fate was still uncertain, despite him getting the needed treatment. She sighed at the thought of the kid, who reminded her too much of Jack, as well as his parents, but perked up when she heard the loud hum of Daryl's motorcycle engine approaching. She watched as he led the group and the rest of the vehicles towards the farm, sighing in relief.

The cars were parked near the front of the farmhouse and the group was finally reunited. Marlee rushed towards her brothers once she saw them get out of the car, happily lifting Jack in the air as she hugged him. "Jack!"

From beside them, Lilith frantically searched for her sister in the gathered group. She let out a surprised yet grateful laugh when she saw Sam on the porch, running towards her sister and hugging her. "I'm so glad you're okay," Lilith mumbled.