43. Xylitol

Before you know it, the season changes. Spring is here, so is Saturn Enceladus.

🦋

Asterism Hamal and Mercury Caduceus have been dating for 2 months.

Although I feel rather satisfied by that, I can't be sure whether Asterism agrees. As a couple, we only go out on dates 3 times in the 2 months, meeting his parents not counted. Doesn't it feel like too few dates than desired?

For Space, Cosmos Altarf, Horo Rasalhague, and Scopus Rasalhague, this is the best outcome though.

When I ask Asterism about it, he replies with something which resonates in me, "Having mutual feeling and happiness is more important than going out to play,"

Yes, that's right. Although we don't frequently go out to play, we are interacting happily every day, don't we?

Having a boyfriend, the feeling is so-so. Asterism as my boyfriend, I am happy. In fact, sometimes, people can catch me smiling when I am in a good mood, as they point out.

"Starting from dating Asterism, Mercury becomes somewhat cheesy, don't you agree?" opening his mouth, Cosmos seeks for support

Space makes a face at the fool, rolling his eyes then shakes his head, "It's since she woke up from the coma,"

Again. About that. Did I really change drastically?

"Perhaps, rather than change, you seem to have become less restrained," Venus Myrtle speaks up, telling me her perspective on myself, "You no longer hold yourself back. Something like that,"

"You were never polite, but you did keep us in a distance," Scopus sighs, earning my attention, "Now though, you are being too close to Asterism!"

Back to that again, huh?

"In any case," Asterism smiles at me, "As long as you have fun, it's all right,"

Horo can't accept it, exploding, "Why is he getting all the good lines?!"

Overlooking Horo, I stare at Asterism and smile slightly, "That's my plan too,"

Saturn, who has recently moved in, stares at us intensely with an expression full of doubt and incomprehension. When asked, she says, "I was here when you rejected them. At that time, I thought things will be awkward for everyone here..." massaging her forehead, Saturn then mumbles, "Who would have thought everything is fine now...?"

"It was not fine," Nebula Spica, who sits closer to Saturn, responds quietly, "It's through everyone's effort to not make things awkward, that you see this result,"

"It's just so unbelievable, you know," once Saturn is made to talk, she won't stop until she liberates her frustration, "Everyone liked Senior Caduceus romantically; and now that Senior Caduceus has a boyfriend, they still like her. Okay, that's fine. But, for them to be so casual about their feelings, that gets on my nerves!"

Saturn, Saturn. She still hasn't changed at all.

Cosmos shakes his head at Saturn, clicking his tongue and advises sagely, "Everyone has their own way to cope with heartbreak, little inexperienced one,"

"But it doesn't make sense to be like this! Flirting with Senior Caduceus in front of her boyfriend!" Saturn is really worked up by this, standing up and stomping her feet all over the place

En? They were flirting with me??

Horo and Scopus, who are not close to Saturn at all, open their mouths, but unable to say anything. From their expressions alone, I can tell they are caught off guard by Saturn's conclusion.