29. Veracity

Remember to punish Scopus Rasalhague for my stomach ache later.

🦋

It's not like the pain which got me hospitalised, but I still feel uncomfortable. Scopus has repented, yet I still have the urge to hit him whenever I look his way.

Sigh. I am not the only one with that urge. When is my turn, then?

"2 days and 1 night," Cosmos Altarf laments forlornly, not participating in the queue to beat up Scopus, "We end up playing for 3 days and 2 nights. Anyway, we will have to check out this noon,"

For Cosmos's lament, I send him a look. As if 2 days and 1 night are enough for us to play... Although, if we really went back yesterday afternoon, we wouldn't have to suffer this stomachache. I am not sure whether to regret this extra vacation day.

The Hotel has a lounge for guests, but we decide to gather at the trio's room instead; because they have more beds. Women's room is off limit, so we are at the men's.

Galaxy Pollux and Asterism Hamal are on their respective beds. Cosmos has graciously vacated his bed for me to lie on. So that nobody protests too noisily, Venus Myrtle and Mars Deimos are on his bed with me. Cosmos himself is on the floor with the rest of the young men.

Afraid that we will go crazy from boredom while waiting to check out, even though we are just resting because we are feeling slightly uncomfortable, Mars suggests to play something that doesn't need us to move. A game of Pick a Truth! A variation of Truth or Dare, I guess?

In that case, as if we don't need to move. Poor advertising skill, Mars.

"No, no," Mars wages her finger at me, opposing my guess and explains, "I will write a set of questions. Whoever gets the question card has to answer truthfully of whatever is written on the card!"

"You are the one writing the questions?" Space makes a face, recalling the stage play Mars directed at a School Festival

"Who will cooperate truthfully to a game like that?" Horo Rasalhague can't help but scoffs

Asterism agrees with Horo, although gentler in style, "It sounds too dangerous,"

"Cowardly chickens," Mars goes for an insult to incite these young men

Unfortunately, the bait failed to catch preys.

"How about this?" Mars is not giving up, "After I write the questions, everyone will screen the cards. If the majority think some questions are too much to bear, we won't use them,"

"That's more like it," Scopus approves

And thus, we wait for Mars to prepare the cards and check the questions. Fortunately, what Mars questions are things that are still within our acceptance.

Through rock-paper-scissor we pick a moderator, who turns out to be Nebula Spica. Moderator is not exempted from the game but has more work instead. Guess Nebula will be moving around while we stay in place.

Space raises his hand to ask, "How does Nel distribute the question card?"

"Random," Galaxy responses before Mars, "Or people will pick the card by themselves,"

Mars's idea aligns with Galaxy's, so she closes her mouth and anticipates the start of the game. Venus doubtfully voices, "How are we chosen to answer the question card?"

"Use a bottle?" I keep linking this game with Truth or Dare, to Mars's exasperation

This is an original game she thinks of, okay!