You finally made it to the edge of town by the forest.   You walked in, slowly.   The trees were like walls of leaves that hugged you inside.   "Spinel?"   You walk further in, they you hear it.   Crying? No... it wasn't crying. It sounded like hysterical laughter...?

You follow the sound, to a fallen tree, but the closer you got the more it sounded like laughing and crying at the same time.

"Spinel?"

All you got was a sniff in response.   You turned the corner of the log, and there she was, curled into a noodly ball, with tears running down her cheeks.

"Spinel..." 

She didn't look at you,   "Spinel, Steven's right."   Still nothing,   "Look, Spinel if I could I'd see you all the time almost every day. But, I can't..."

Suddenly her once sweet voice gets deeper with anger, 

"You know how much I hate being left alone?" 

She shuttered a little and quickly turned her head to look at you with an almost empty look.

"I want to understand, but I know... no matter how hard I try.. I couldn't." 

Spinel starts to sob, reaching out for you like a child wanting their moms comfort.

You kneel down and wrap your arms around her.

"I-I want to be with you."

Her words really hit home for you and you felt tears fall down your cheeks.   "We'll figure something out. But, you belong with the Diamonds."

Spinel looks up at you with a pained look.

"You-you don't understand.. I could be with th-them any time, I have forever to be with them."

She had a point, her and the Diamonds could be around forever if they were careful...but you.. you only had so long to live.

"Spinel, I can't decide for you... you need to choose what you want."   Spinel squeezes herself against you.

"I want you." 

She cried harder; her tears soaking through your shirt. Her sobs echoed through the trees. It hurt you to hear them.

You lift her head and hold her cheeks with your soft hands.   She hiccups as she looks into your eyes.   You looked at the tears that stained her face.   The black lines that streaked down her cheeks seemed to have grown.   She was truly in hysterical sadness.   Her face was scrunched in a frown.   Yet she looked so beautiful.   It was still her.   Her bubbly self was still there, it was just hiding.   You wanted to see her smile.    All her life she had been doing everything to make her friends smile, but.. did they ever do that for her?   You wanted scare away her sadness, you wanted nothing more than to see her smile, to hear her laugh.   You had to do something...

Her face was so close to yours, her lips just in reach

...you lean forward...

Yay! here we are on Chapter 5, hope y'all liked it, don't know how you could feel joy in reading about our little jesters breakdown though. But if you are ready for another chapter than strap in and here we go ..

 But if you are ready for another chapter than strap in and here we go

xoxo

- Mr. Clark Is Jerry?