⃟ ཹ։tension - craig

previously : talk - butters
next : headcanons - stan's gang

words : 1060

with the current
situation going
on with the demons,
craig and y/n end
up arguing over
something he said
with little care.

craig x male!reader

a/n : REALLY
IMPORTANT THIS
ONESHOT IS BASED
ON THE SOUTH PARK
AU HELL PARK. IF
YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT
OR AREN'T FAR, DON'T
READ AHEAD TO
AVOID SPOILERS.

 IFYOU HAVEN'T SEEN ITOR AREN'T FAR, DON'TREAD AHEAD TOAVOID SPOILERS

It was rather quiet and soothing compared to the rest of the day

It was rather quiet and soothing compared to the rest of the day. Ever since the boys messed with the ouija board, everything's been batshit crazy. Despite Y/N's numerous warnings to Craig about fucking around with demons, he didn't listen and now look what happened.

The whole bridge incident kept the group quiet. They refused to talk about what they saw, especially Craig.

His green eyes were now dull as his gaze was glued to the phone screen in front of him, the bright white and blue background slightly evident on his tanned skin.

It was beyond concerning seeing one of the most stoic-seeming boys of the group with a pained expression. Can he really be blamed though?

Y/N was incredibly understanding about the situation. Sure, he's never had to witness his ex getting their face chomped off by a demon in order to save him, but he understood how painful that could really be.

Standing a few feet away from him, Y/N sighs tiredly. Today had been a long day. He walks over to the black-haired male and took a seat beside him with a small, exhausted grunt. His attention was on Craig's hand as he reached and grabbed it, intertwining their fingers and stroking his hand with his thumb.

Y/N's eyebrows were furrowed in worry and they tilt their head a bit, just to get a view of Craig's face, "Hey, you holdin' up there...?" He asked.

Silence.

The [h/c] haired male nods slowly in understanding, turning towards the bundle of hay beside him and taking one of the straws out. Still holding onto Craig's hand, he rolls the straw between his thumb and index finger, accidentally dropping it onto the barn's floor with a loud huff.

His gaze quickly moved back to the pained male beside him, removing his hand from his grasp and sitting up to look at him fully, "Hey...let's try and focus on the present, okay? I'm sure dwindling on the past isn't going to help. Bes-" "Dwindling on the past?? Are you fucking crazy?! Did you really just tell me not to 'dwindle on the past' even though we all just witnessed someone close to us die?!"

Y/N stared at the other, a little shocked by his sudden outburst. He blinks twice and attempts to reassure the male once more, "Craig, you didn't let me finish...I'm sure that he's not completely dead. So much weird shit has been going on that it's easy to believe the next morning we'll see him-" This only angered the stressed male more, scrunching his nose and putting his phone down beside him, "Really? What makes you think that? You really believe that Gregory, the crazy demon that's trying to kill all of us, has the time to do anything about Thomas? Or that chick? Or even-what's-his-name-Tweek??"

"Yes, I do believe it! I expected you to be much more hopeful since these demons are capable of a lot already! You and I both know that Thomas was a friend to all of us and we're pretty bummed out and all, but we need to focus on the ones that are alive! Are you really not going to give a shit about us?!" Craig scoffed and rolled his eyes before continuing the argument, "Wow, so now you're putting words into my mouth? Nice, Y/N." He says in a sarcastic tone, leaning against the hay behind him.

Y/N was beyond infuriated with his boyfriend and his shenanigans. He knew he wasn't being taken seriously, he knew that Craig clearly cared more for his ex than his current scenario, and he knew this stubborn little prick isn't going to cease his arguing.

Nonetheless, Y/N was too heated in the moment to back down.

In an oddly, calmer tone, Y/N questioned, "Does Thomas mean more to you than us? Does he mean more to you than me?"

Craig's emerald green eyes, that were once filled with love and joy, made contact with Y/N's [e/c] ones. He found his question to be completely stupid to ask, thinking that all he wanted to do was argue.

He glared a bit at Y/N, his face a little red from the irritation that was building up with every little thing the other said, "Thomas may be an ex, but that doesn't mean that I don't care about you or anyone else's safety! The fact that you're sitting there, telling me that I need to 'focus on the present' tells me that you don't give a shit about how I'm feeling right now!"

"Craig, you're taking this the wrong way!"

"Oh, am I now? Or are you just trying to make it seem like what you're saying is okay? Since you seem so desperate to get me away from my thoughts on Thomas, no I don't think you mean more to me than Thomas!" He states out of annoyance. He was so blinded by his anger that he became oblivious to the things he said to Y/N.

The [e/c] - eyed male stared at Craig in utter disbelief, tears forming at the corners of his eyes quickly, and he reaches up to wipe any that managed to escape. With a small sniffle, he responds to the black-haired male, "Fine then, I guess you don't need me as a partner since you clearly prefer Thomas."

Everyone's attention was on Y/N as he stood back up, leaving Craig to himself and instead, lying on a bale of hay to sleep, "I'm heading to bed now, don't wake me." He warns and wraps his arms around himself since he was without a blanket.

The room was filled with much more tension and awkward silence as Craig stayed put, becoming aware of the things he said and letting out a tired and sad sigh.

The boys now waiting for morning to arrive.