I. SEA GREEN

[selene]

[selene]

—THE RAIN POUNDED ON THE GROUND OUTSIDE the camp boarders. It was storming so hard Selene could hear it from inside her cabin. She, herself, had never really been scared of the rain, she had never had a reason to be, Zeus had always been kind to her, all of the olympians were, maybe it had something to do with the fact that they created her.

Chiron had told her that when the star she was born from was formed, it was bright. Bright enough to reach the earth in the moment it was created. He had also told her that people thought it was the beginning of the end of the world.

Apparently, Apollo had claimed that the star would take part in a great prophecy— the great prophecy (that was all she knew). So the fates wove her a string of life from the Milky Way and the olympians turned that baby star into a baby human. Artemis was chosen as her patron, and named her, Selene, after the Titan goddess of the moon and Rigel, after the brightest star in the constellation of Orion. Artemis then sent her to Camp Half-Blood, with a small charm bracelet that never came undone.

Selene stayed in the Big House with Chiron until she was old enough to move into Artemis' cabin on her own. Shortly after, the dreams started.

Almost every night, Selene would dream of a boy. The dreams would appear to be flashes of his life, or of his childhood. In every dream, she would appear in what she assumed to be a memory, she could not do anything in the dreams but watch. Some nights the dreams were more like nightmares. She had never learned the boys name.

Laying on her bed in her cabin, Selene felt herself start to doze off, wondering if she'd dream of the boy again. She wondered if she'd ever meet him, and if he dreamt of her too. So, through the pounding rain, Selene fell asleep.

———

Selene awoke to a horrible roar. Remembering the dream she just had of the unknown boy, she realized that he was just outside camp boarders, and that he and Grover were wounded.

Rushing to put her shoes on, she ran out of Cabin eight and towards the big house to get Chiron.

By the time the Big House was in view, she watched the boy collapse on the porch. Chiron and Annabeth were rushing towards the scene as well, the three meeting on the steps, hurrying to the slightly-unconscious boy's side. When Selene kneeled down to help, his sea-green eyes locked on hers.

"He's the one," Annabeth spoke. "He must be."

"Silence, Annabeth, he's still conscious, lets bring him inside," Chiron said as he started to lift the boy, who's eyes were still locked with Selene's as he slipped into unconsciousness.

"Chiron," Selene spoke up. "That's the boy, the boy from my dreams."

Chiron looked at the young hero and then back to Selene, "We'll talk about this later, right now, he needs help."

———

A/N: so this needs to be majorly edited but i felt bad and really wanted to put something up. thank you for all the support, it really means a lot to me.

I do not own Percy Jackson and the Olympians, as it was created by Rick Riordan. I do, however own Selene and her story line.

.