I. TERRIBLE FLIRTS

[selene]

[selene]

—WORD OF PERCY JACKSON AND THE BATHROOM INCIDENT spread immediately. As Annabeth, Percy, and Selene continued the tour, campers either pointed at Percy and murmured about toilet water, or stared at Annabeth, who was still dripping wet.

They finished the tour at the canoeing lake, where the trail led back to the cabins.

"I've got training to do," Annabeth said flatly. "Dinner's at seven-thirty. Just follow your cabin to the mess hall."

"Annabeth, I'm sorry about the toilets."

"Whatever."

"It wasn't my fault."

Selene watched Annabeth look at Percy skeptically, and a look of realization form on Percy's face.

"You need to talk to the Oracle," Annabeth said.

"Who?"

"Not who. What. The Oracle. I'll take Annabeth, and we'll ask Chiron after dinner." Selene informed.

Percy looked into the lake, slightly jumped, and slowly waved his hand. Selene looked into the lake only to find the naiads sitting cross-legged at the base of the pier. Annabeth seemed to notice this too.

"Don't encourage them," Annabeth warned.

"Naiads," Selene exasperated. "They are terrible flirts."

"Naiads," Percy repeated, the same look of overwhelming on his face. "That's it. I want to go home now."

Selene frowned. If he left she'd never get answers.

Annabeth rolled her eyes. Selene figured she wasn't very fond of the green eyed boy. "Don't you get it, Percy? You are home. This is the only safe place on earth for kids like us."

"You mean, mentally disturbed kids?"

"I mean not human. Not totally human, anyway. Half-human. In Selene's case, turned human."

"Annabeth," Selene murmured. "Not the time..."

"What do you mean turned human? Half-human and half-what?"

The face Annabeth made when she was right took over. "I think you know."

"God," Percy said after a moment. "Half-god."

Annabeth nodded. "Your father isn't dead, Percy. He's one of the Olympians."

"That's...crazy."

"Is it? What's the most common thing gods did in the old stories? They ran around falling in love with humans and having kids with them. Do you think they've changed their habits in the last few millennia?"

"But those are just—" Percy paused. "But if all the kids here are half-gods—"

"Demigods," Selene said. "That's the official term. Or half-bloods."