In the main kitchen Issy found a full compliment of staff. An attendant who was prepping some big granny smith apples noticed her and left his pose to come to her and offer assistance. It was actually one of her father's hand selected staffers, a pastry cafe who specialized in pies; Jarreth.

"Good evening Jarreth, the kitchen is packed today!" Issy exclaimed, "what's going on?"

Jarreth bowed his head to the shoulders acknowledging her station before he spoke, "Good evening The Lady Isalinah, why of course we are working at full capacity. The Consort have given us quite a menu to prepare for the banquet to be held here at the palace in a few days time. I do not wish to complain but it is no small thing to feed five hundred guests on such short notice. I hope the Lady will understand."

"Banquet.. we are having a banquet?" Issy questioned, "there is no way we are having a banquet in a few days, Jarreth."

Now Jarreth looked at Issy equally perplexed, " The Lady must be confused as the Consort has so commanded there to be a great feast in your honour and all nobles of our House are to attend."

"She did what!!!" Issy exclaimed much to the horror of Jarreth. Issy and A'Shanna's verbal brawls were legendary in the palace and Jarreth stood in shock as he realised that the one to come would have started because of his big mouth.

Issy dashed out of the main kitchen with purpose in her step. Mothers in general could be overbearing at best and interfering at worst, but her mommy dearest was in a catagory all on her own. How dare she seek to announce Issy's connection to the Doeshar to their entire House without first even consulting Issy. The female was unbelievable.

By the time she reached her mother's private chambers Issy was mad and inching for a fight. Unfortunately her mother's chambers were empty when she busted in, only to find two attendants cleaning up. 

"Good Evening, I wish to know the location of the Consort if it is known to you?" Issy said aloud as she forced a pleasant demeanor to her face. She didn't want to have her mother alerted that she was on the war path before she could get her fingers within ringing-neck proximity. 

"The Consort spent the last evening in the private chambers of the Doeshar and has not returned since then," one of the females answered helpfully.  

Issy yet another smile in thanks for the reply before making a swift exit. 

That sneaky witch always chose the best sanctuary when she was scheming, Issy thought.  A'Shanna knew access to the Doeshar's place of rest was closed to everyone but herself as mate. Issy would have to go knocking and beg entry. Fucking hell she swore, realising her mother had won this round. 

Instead Issy decided to retreat for now and plan her next move where her mother was concerned. She was making her way back to her own chambers, deep in thought when she walked into a large male. Issy was about to formally apologise to the attendant who was no doubt fearing for his job security when she looked up to see the one person she had been avoiding quite insistently since Massillon's first visit to the palace; her brother Arion.

"Arion!" Issy exclaimed, her voice far more high pitched than was appropriate given the circumstances. She cringed inwardly as she had never been able to hide anything from her big brother. Once Arion was felt something was off about a person or situation he would dig until he got to the roots. He could be relentless. 

"Hello little Issy," Arion replied. 

Shit Issy thought, Arion only called her that when he was up to something that he wanted to pull her into. 

"Heyyyyyy..." Issy replied awkwardly. She cringed some more when she saw the strange looks her brother was giving her at her behaviour. Real smooth Issy, she thought. If the family blood hound wasn't on the case before he would definitely be snooping for now on. It was the thing that made him so good at his position as their House's heir.

"I have to go into the city on some business. Would you care to join me?" asked Arion. Issy knew that their close bond as siblings had been suffering because of her avoidance tactics. It was obvious that Arion had notice the withdrawal and had was trying to reach out. As the heir to their House, Arion was everyone's friend but lonely all the same. She once thought her conception was more that a happy accident, but to give Arion a true friend as their were far closer than most siblings with such a wide age gap. The big goof ball was a natural at the game of politics and business but a complete novice with personal relationships. Arion hated any awkwardness or conflict, and generally was the person who strove to maintain peace between Issy and their mother. Their father generally ignored the pair whenever they got into it no matter how A'Shanna would try to pull him in. He would only go so far as to comment that this was A'Shanna's karma biting her in the ass.

"Oh Arion I cannn..." Issy trialed off as she watched the boyish humor drain from his features, " can move some things around, no problems, I'm all yours tonight." She couldn't bear to disappoint her sibling and sent up small, insistent prays as she made her way to her chambers to change, that she didn't let the cat out if the proverbial bag on this little adventure.

"Why are we here again?" Issy asked aloud as she took again bite of the juicy, greasy goodness that was her stuffed blue cheese burger from Murella's. The shop was completely empty save the two of them despite the fact that it was just after twelve which was the vampire equivalent of lunch time. It was empty because Arion had asked that it be empty. Even the kitchen staff had made their food and then left as well.

"I wanted a good burger for midnight meal and Murella's makes the best ones. This place has been your favourite since you were a young," Arion answered as though it was the most obvious this in the world.

"But why is the place empty Arion," Issy bit back with a little more aggressively than socially acceptable at a dinner table. She found herself looking around to see if her out burst had been overheard despite the room being completely empty. Some habits became something close to instinct when drilled in by a Mother Hen like A'Shanna.

"Oh that," Arion replied was a noticeable mirth to his voice as he folded the paper napkin to wipe the clean corners of his mouth, "that to make certain the conversation we have right after remains between us and only us." 

The rest of the burger was saw dust in Issy's mouth as her mind wondered at the coming conversation. Her brother had trapped her here with his oh so innocent "business trip" to the city. Issy wondered quite disheartened if even a single person in her life wasn't a manipulative fucker as a slow familiar anger was lit deep in her gut. She was sick and tired of all of the underhanded bullshit everyone was playing at. She felt like a doll as the end of a string, being pulled and pushed for everyone else's purpose.

"So... what is this conversation we needed to clear our an entire business for?" 

Issy could hear the tightness of her voice as her emotions betrayed her as they always seemed to when it counted.

Arion paused to finish chewing the last of his meal before his eyes finally leaving his plate and Issy found herself fighting the urge to shrink away from the stare that met hers. Her goof ball brother was gone and in his place was the Doesharee of House Odimah. This side of her brother was stone faced and hard eyed, not a single emotion could be found there.

"Isalinah, tell me something dear sister," Arion began, "did you enjoy your meal with the Doeshar last night?"

In any other situation the question would have been simple enough but Issy knew from experience that he already knew the answer to it. Issy pulled her hands off the desk and into her lap. she didn't want him to see them sweat and thimble as fear of exposure racked her brain. How much did Arion know. Fuccccckkkkkk!