10

FOUR MONTHS LATER

It was Sunday, their Sunday. Louis had to beg Harry to spend the day with him because they couldn't break tradition. Not after these four months.

So once Harry shuts his door and falls onto the bed, Louis follows with a tiny smile. His nerves were eating him alive. He couldn't hold out any longer, Harry needed to know. Louis tries to calm himself and curls up to Harry, swinging his leg over Harry's waist and keeping a sliver of space between his hard tummy and his boyfriend's torso. He was more than skittish, his heart was racing but he was determined to tell Harry the truth.

"I have to tell you something." Louis murmurs over the low volume of the television. He liked to think Harry turned it down to hear him, but he knows Harry did it in case one of his family members decided to come upstairs. Louis masks his hurt with a small smile, dragging his finger up Harry's naked chest and over his tattoos. His eyes lingering on the butterfly, his favourite because of the stark contrast on Harry's fit muscular body to the delicate wings of the insect.

"Go on," Harry says, his arm wrapped around Louis lightly.

This was it. The weight on Louis' shoulders was going to disappear, he was going to come clean and tell Harry something that made him scared. He feels so alone, but he wasn't going to be alone because he will have Harry.

Louis takes a breath, nervously clenching his fists. He shuts his eyes, whispering. "I'm pregnant."

Silence is what he's met with. Ear-splitting silence taking over the room and making goosebumps rise on his skin. Harry's breath pauses, his body going stiff and face losing all content.

Louis moves slowly, taking a better look at Harry's face. His brows furrowed and lips parted, and he's staring up at the ceiling. Louis is about to call his name but the doorknob rattles, his blood runs cold when Harry shoves him away and leaps to the door.

"Harry?" It was Winona. She lets out a startled noise when Harry slams his body on the door after she's cracked it open. She knocks. "It's dinner time."

Louis sits on the bed, legs pulled to his chest and heart falling to the floor. He feels so stupid to believe that this baby would bring Harry to accept himself and break free of his own toxic chains. Here he was, the love of Louis' life, the father of his child, barricading his bedroom door because he doesn't want his family or the world to know he's gay. "I'll be down in a moment, mom," Harry calls through the door, listing to her retreating footsteps before pushing a chair under the doorknob.

What hurts the most was that Louis loved him. He has loved him since the summer semester and Harry was blind to see the true devotion Louis held for him. Harry stomped on Louis a lot, from the beginning when they met and when he broke Louis' tiny heart and especially when he mended it together again with the thought that spending every Sunday would suffice. Louis wanted the world to swallow him whole, the embarrassment coursing through his veins was enough for him to break down into tears.

"Goddammit, Louis."

Louis cries harder because this wasn't how it was supposed to be. Harry was supposed to be overjoyed and swing him around at the news of their baby. He was supposed to carry Louis downstairs and come out to his family with pride and tell them Louis was pregnant. How could the world be so cruel and make Louis believe in fairytales when his life was far from it.

"Is it even mine?"

Louis lets out a frustrated noise, so loud his voice cracks. "H-How dare you!"

His heart completely shatters when Harry surges at him, holding a hand over his mouth to keep him quiet. "Shut up."

Louis shoves him, hard, so that Harry falls off the bed with a grunt. "Don't put your hands on me!" He couldn't contain himself, the sound of his voice was surely heard from downstairs.