6

Now, it was well passed December, Louis is now 18 and it's the beginning of January. Harry was late, three hours late to be exact and Louis was far too tired to wait any longer. He starts packing up his things, just wanting to be back in the comfort of his dorm and away from the cold. All windows in dorms were shut tight, the heaters on full blast and everyone walked around with layers upon layers. Louis was one of those people and he looks up when he hears the bell on the door ding and scowls.

Louis dressed to accommodate the weather, Harry did not. Louis was wearing a pair of sweatpants, a turtleneck, knit sweater and a bright yellow oversized jacket, all from the local thrift store. He opted for a beanie to cover his bed head as his sliver of stubborn sickness kept him up all night. Harry was wearing a pair of gym shorts and a single black hoodie, even with snow on the ground, he dressed like it was summer.

Louis stiffens, his movements flattering because Harry isn't alone today. He has a beautiful girl on his arm, she had her hair in two buns above her ears, clear skin like Louis' never seen and eyes the deepest shade of brown. She was tall and slender, wearing skinny jeans and a sweater similar to Harry's. Louis gulps at the telltale sign they slept together if it weren't for their matching hickeys on their necks.

Harry sits first, propping his feet on the desk and the girl settles next to him. Louis' bones lock, his gaze bouncing between both Harry and the girl. "Where are you going?" Harry asks.

Louis could helplessly listen to him talk all day, "Back to my dorm." Louis turns his attention back to packing up his things, he zips up his bag when ring clad fingers grab his book, "Give that back, Harry."

The green-eyed man hums, flipping through the pages, "No." Louis feels the anger bubble in his stomach, his cheeks heat up and he clenches his teeth.

Harry was such an asshole and Louis as a fool to love him, "Give it back." Louis leans over the table and tries to snatch his book but Harry scoots further away.

"Not until we start this interview." Harry fans himself with Louis' book as if it's too hot in the library. "Unpack your things, let's go, lonely boy. I don't have all day."

Louis was so annoyed and frustrated. Harry was making him feel this way. First, he's three hours late, then shows up with his head held high as if he's a king with a girl on his arm. It's like everything he did was to irritate Louis in some way. He was exhausted, even though Louis had got used to Harry being late, his attitude was bearable on most days, today was not one of those days. He wanted to confront Harry on what he saw just days ago, he wanted answers as to why Harry lied. Louis knows the inner struggles of staying in the closet, but if that's true, Harry goes to great lengths to prove his sexuality isn't anything but straight. He needs to know that hurting people, being arrogant aren't the answers to remaining hidden.

Harry finds amusement in Louis' red face. "C' mon, do it for Justin, that teacher."

Begrudgingly, Louis unpacks his things. "His name is Joseph." He mutters, roughly ripping his things from his bag but gently placing them on the table. He was mad but he was still considerate to other people studying and the old rickety tables of the library. He loved the home of thousands of books, after all. He plops down on the chair, crossing his arms over his chest. "What's it like being the captain—"

"Harry, babe, when are we leaving?" The girl whines, Louis tries not to roll his eyes. "I'm bored." But he can't hold his tongue. "How do you think I feel? I've been waiting here for three hours—"

"Sorry, I've got to take this call." The girl interrupts him again before standing and walking a few steps away until her voice fades.

Harry snickers, covering his mouth with Louis' book. The blue-eyed boy takes that opportunity to tear his book from Harry's hands. In his fit of anger, he lets out a grunt and wipes down the front cover. It was his favourite book, and when he got mad, he got immature. Harry was a witness to Louis' grumpiness. "I don't have germs," Harry laughs out loud. "You want some disinfectant wipes?"