9

"You've got to get the bed." Louis simply rolls over, it's only been three days. Liam was acting like he hasn't seen daylight in a week. His friend sighs. "Louis, you have a pile of work on your desk, that's not like you." He pauses. "You should forget about him, you know."

Louis wishes it were that simple. He loved Harry, he kissed Harry who made it clear he had no feelings for him. He knew Liam was somewhat aware of what happened, having met up with Zayn who filled him in. He had no clue of their kiss though, Louis wants to keep it a secret. Not only for Harry's sake but for his as well. He doesn't think he can fully absorb the fact he had Harry, and Harry pushed him away. There was a different direction this could have went, that way involved Harry kissing him some more and they would have spent the day in bed wrapped up in each other's arms. Louis couldn't understand Harry. He's seen him kiss a boy and enjoy it, then he kisses Louis and everything goes down the drain.

Louis' tried to push Harry's existence into the back of his mind but his notepad with everything from their sessions for the headline stares back at him. He can't let Joseph down because of his feelings—the real world didn't work like that and that might be the lesson here. Maybe Louis should be the bigger person, he should remain strictly professional with Harry. Forget their kiss, most importantly forget his love for him. But he can't. Harry was all too much for his poor brain, his poor heart and Louis tried but after Harry's hurtful words, he couldn't see him again and fall in love all over again. It should be illegal for Louis to feel this way. For him to be so devoted to someone who hurt him—he should be relieved of all the suffering.

Later that day, after Liam had left for football practice and gave Louis a sandwich from the shop on campus. Louis has dressed warmly once again, munching on his sandwich and standing outside the English building. Joseph's lecture room is there, just down the hall and on the right.

Louis is going to tell Joseph he can't do the April headline, and he should pass it onto Patricia. She and Harry weren't a match but it would be bearable. Patricia was funny and Harry was sarcastic, she was confident and Harry had an ego the size of the moon. Louis was none of those things, it's no wonder why Harry didn't want him. Louis was quiet, wore clothes too big and too old, he carried around a different book every three days and spent his free time in the library or in his dorm. He vowed to never go to another party, not after what happened before, that was the first and last time Louis will ever be drunk.

But Harry must've been attracted to him somehow, or at least attracted to men.

"I'm not gay. I will never kiss a boy. I will never kiss you."

Harry lied to Louis and to himself. It was clear that Harry had an inner conflict he couldn't win, and by losing, he was hurting Louis. Whenever Louis was hurt, he isolated himself to be alone with his thoughts and his own self-pity. It was destructive but it was him. But, Joseph deserved better than Louis when he was self-destructive.

Once Louis opens the door, he immediately hides behind the corner. Down the hall was Harry, not alone but with the girl from the library. She was pressing him up against the wall, with her hands braced on Harry's hips.

"C' mon, we haven't fucked since last week." Louis shivers, debating if he should just make a run for it. Maybe Harry wouldn't see him if the girl held his attention a little longer.

"I'm just not in the mood."

"You haven't been in the mood since you made that kid cry."

Louis stiffens. He subconsciously digs his nails into the palms of his hands. "I didn't make him cry."

"Oh yeah?" The girl laughs bitterly. "It wasn't until you opened your big mouth he cried like a baby."

"Shut up," Harry's voice gets louder, Louis is afraid someone else in the hall will hear. "Why'd you even bring up his clothes?"