confessions.

Luke's POV:

Being at my ex girlfriend's house meeting her family for the first time is really weird.

Not only that, but my entire family is also here and bonding with her family regardless of the fact that we're not even together.

My parents and her parents have hit it off like no other and I can tell Addison's just as freaked out as myself. The two of us have managed to keep some distance mostly due to the fact that I think neither one of us want to have to talk to both of our families at the same time.

I haven't even officially met her dad because I've been practically hiding. This situation is too weird for me and I don't like it. Her mom was a lot friendlier than I had expected her to be, but then again, we've met a few times through facetime.

On top of that, Addison and Jack have spent a lot of the night talking and I can't help but be curious as to what they're talking about. I mean obviously it doesn't take a genius to know that they're talking about me and probably our previous relationship, but I'd pay to be a fly on the wall right now.

The guys have all split off and talked to different members of her family, Calum mostly attached to the hip of Addison's parents. It's clear Addison's parents love Calum and I'm sure that's because they know he's been her best friend for all these years.

It's probably clear I'm avoiding anyone and everyone in order to stray from conversation but I can't find it in me to care. I should've just gotten a damn hotel room and stayed far from this house.

I will admit it was great for my family to come in and surprise me but I can't put into words how uncomfortable this whole situation is. I don't know what to say or do as I try to think of something.

I feel a hand place itself on my shoulder and I turn to see Ben. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't surprised to see Ben here. After he had gone off and went AWOL for a little, he eventually came back once Jack was released. His return came as a shock to us all, but he kind of just brushed it off. He acted as if he was on vacation and just came home. Due to how nonchalant he was about the situation, we didn't push to get answers out of him and instead went with it.

The last few years had obviously taken a big toll on us all and the last thing we needed to do was hold a flashback above Ben and demand answers. If he's willing to be back in the family, the last thing we're going to do is push him away.

Once Jack got released, all we wanted was our family to be back together again. We wanted to be that happy family again and we'd do whatever it takes to accomplish that.

"You look uncomfortable," he says simply.

"That's because I am," I respond quickly.

Ben laughs and brings the beer he's drinking to his lips and takes a sip. I have barely drank anything mostly because I feel too sick to drink. Not even beer could fix this.

"Mom wouldn't shut up about how great Addison is the whole way here," Ben says looking to me.

I just continue staring forward because I don't doubt this. Even though Addison's my ex, I have no doubt in my mind my mom loves her as if she's her own daughter.

"I'm not surprised," I say honestly.

"She's planning on having a long talk with her," Ben says making me immediately look to him with wide eyes. "You know, the whole beg her to get back together with her son spiel."

I immediately snap my head around, praying that he's not right just in time to catch my mom walking up to Jack and Addison.

Oh jesus christ.